Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

AjaxWrite

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

I have found this recently on the web... It's a very nice thing, although I don't know who really needs it:
    http://www.ajaxwrite.com/

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Sounds a bit like Windows Live. Saving your work on a server somewhere. AJAX is just for browsers, isn' it? Anything else (like a WinApp) it would just be a web service, no?

• User profile image
    Sepcot

Gave it a little try just to test its capibilities... It imported a basic Word document just fine, but it's behavior is a little buggy. I tried to justify the document and got weird scrolling issues or the doc would go from the center of the page to the left side... At times I couldn't use the bold, italics, or underline features...

I couldn't see myself using this for anything as it stands now.

• User profile image
    cheong

It haven't reached the number of 1.0 yet, so why don't we give it a break?

Just consider that OO reaches 2.0 and still not quite compatible with MS Office...

It's both interesting and convienent when I think of it, so let's wait and see...

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    rjdohnert

I seriously doubt that they could build that many features into a web app to compete with Microsoft Office or OpenOffice.org.   I dont see any convenience in AjaxWrite and security issues abound, i wouldnt see myself working on it for anything personal despite what Robertson says.

cheong wrote:
    It haven't reached the number of 1.0 yet, so why don't we give it a break?

Just consider that OO reaches 2.0 and still not quite compatible with MS Office...

It's both interesting and convienent when I think of it, so let's wait and see...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.