Coffeehouse Thread

106 posts

Funny - posting and you...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    scobleizer
  • User profile image
    Keskos

    scobleizer wrote:


    Why did you start a new thread? I think I learned a lot from that dumba.. ops. I learned way too much. Really funny one but also really educational.

  • User profile image
    eagle

    Keskos, the kids are laughing at YOU!

  • User profile image
    PeterF



    Posting and you wrote:


    • Something to say?
      Shut up and go outside you forum *!



    Wink
  • User profile image
    Manip

    Keskos, you did watch the video, right?

  • User profile image
    Keskos

    eagle wrote:
    Keskos, the kids are laughing at YOU!


    Still with patience I am waiting for someone to stop this.

    Manip wrote:
    Keskos, you did watch the video, right?


    Yes, and your point is? I hope you do have a point.

  • User profile image
    pablo

    It's so sad that this Keskos cannot laugh with us.

  • User profile image
    Bryn Waibel

    Keskos wrote:
    eagle wrote: Keskos, the kids are laughing at YOU!


    Still with patience I am waiting for someone to stop this.

    Manip wrote: Keskos, you did watch the video, right?


    Yes, and your point is? I hope you do have a point.


    eagle, Manip, what part of respectful is so difficult to understand?

  • User profile image
    Manip

    Bryn Waibel wrote:
    eagle, Manip, what part of respectful is so difficult to understand?


    Stay out of it. Plus I wasn't disrespectful, I was joking. If you don't understand Keskos cleared up the difference. OH did I forget the smiley that makes it an 'offical' joke as opposed to an 'offical' attack? My bad.
    Link

  • User profile image
    lars

    Keskos wrote:

    Still with patience I am waiting for someone to stop this.


    Oh the irony. Been there, done that. Good luck mate. Smiley

    OMFG Channel9 R0X0RZ TEH BIG ONE111!
    (please note how I did not start a new thread to say this)

  • User profile image
    Bryn Waibel

    Manip wrote:
    Stay out of it. Plus I wasn't disrespectful, I was joking. If you don't understand Keskos cleared up the difference. OH did I forget the smiley that makes it an 'offical' joke as opposed to an 'offical' attack? My bad.
    Link


    Let me just put this in simple terms. It's not up to Keskos to "clear up the difference." Smiley or not that was a flame. The Link you posted, in my opinion, was an example of Keskos starting the flames and others, including you, participating. Charles asked everyone to cool down.

    In this particular instance, you and eagle started the flames, and Keskos did not participate. So I specifically asked you and eagle to cool down. The frustration that lars shows is the reason that your plea for me to "stay out of it" is in vain.

  • User profile image
    Karim

  • User profile image
    Jeremy W

    Bryn Waibel wrote:
    Manip wrote:
    Stay out of it. Plus I wasn't disrespectful, I was joking. If you don't understand Keskos cleared up the difference. OH did I forget the smiley that makes it an 'offical' joke as opposed to an 'offical' attack? My bad.
    Link


    Let me just put this in simple terms. It's not up to Keskos to "clear up the difference." Smiley or not that was a flame. The Link you posted, in my opinion, was an example of Keskos starting the flames and others, including you, participating. Charles asked everyone to cool down.

    In this particular instance, you and eagle started the flames, and Keskos did not participate. So I specifically asked you and eagle to cool down. The frustration that lars shows is the reason that your plea for me to "stay out of it" is in vain.


    Yes, and Manip's frustration is with an increasingly erratic response to these types of issues from the C9 team.

    Not having guidelines or directives beyond the vague will do that, though.

  • User profile image
    Karim

    Jeremy W. wrote:

    Not having guidelines or directives beyond the vague will do that, though.


    How about "SHUT THE HELL UP" -- is that too vague a guideline?

    Personally I'm blaming Scoble for trying to be funny.  LOL

  • User profile image
    Jeremy W

    Actually, I loved the original post, just trying to shed some light on what I perceive Manip's frustration to be Smiley

    ps: no, I didn't feel offended by Karim telling me to shut up. It wasn't respectful, but I don't mind Wink Wink Wink

  • User profile image
    jonathanh

    Jeremy W. wrote:
    Yes, and Manip's frustration is with an increasingly erratic response to these types of issues from the C9 team.

    Not having guidelines or directives beyond the vague will do that, though.
    Here's an idea that I batted around with the Channel9 team a while ago - The Fine Print:
    • Start a new top-level sticky thread called “The Fine Print”, open to all
    • The first post contains the acceptable-use policy of the forums
    • The second post is an announcement that The Fine Print will also serve as the final resting place for all flame wars. That is, it also acts as an official and permanent flame thread where people can take their arguments and disagreements, getting them out of the technical threads.
    • New users can stop reading The Fine Print after those first two posts. If they’re really interesting in flaming, they’re free to carry on reading Smiley
    • Having the entire community be able to say “take it to The Fine Print” whenever a couple of posters disagree would be pretty powerful peer pressure.
    • Backing that up with an acceptable-use policy that says you can be banned if you continue to flame anywhere EXCEPT on The Fine Print would be even more powerful.

    It didn't go anywhere last time, but maybe it's an idea whose time has come?

  • User profile image
    Jeremy W

    I think we can both agree that something ... cohesive has to be in place. Personally I love the personalities in this community. I don't want banning or anyone to leave. Banning's always been like violence to me: the recourse of the weak.

    Sure, sometimes you just have to punch someone, but it's rarely because they sayed UR UN1X SUXX0RS.

    Your idea is certainly better than nothing. I'd be quite happy with a set of generic guidelines and acceptable uses and to see them applied consistently, or at least see the admins remind us of them consistently.

    Let's face it, we all forget sometimes Smiley

  • User profile image
    lars

    I stopped being frustrated a month ago. I think the guideline is "you're on your own. Live with it". Realizing that set me free.

    It's amazing just how effective funny flash movies are in getting a message across. My personal favorite is the "Idiot son of an a**hole". Very catchy Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.