Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Forget Kerry or Bush, I want Bill Gates President!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    miamijjs

Forget Kerry or Bush, I want Bill Gates President!

I think Bill Gates would be great! If the country was ran like Microsoft we would be just fine.

What do you think?

PS.. Bill if you read this you have my vote!

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

Keskos wrote:
    Btw, my friend's laptop crashes after waking up from hibernation, do you have a fix for that?

Besides calling the hardware vendor (free support), this type of thing may qualify you for free Microsoft support. You can always place the call and find out Smiley

• User profile image
    lars

miamijjs wrote:

Well, it can't get any worse.

• User profile image
    jamie

For XTC fans:
    "Here comes president Bill again.."
    bu da da da da daaaa

• User profile image
    DEEETER

AND " GOD BLESS MiCROSOFT" um, I mean the USA Smiley

• User profile image
    Lore

Scary...can't you imagine how much tax you'd pay? Of course, there wouldn't be a deficit, and you could reboot the senate every day!

• User profile image
    Manip2

I thought big corps like MS already pulled the strings in the USA?

• User profile image
    jamie

actually .. if billg was president - and had ms money .. PLUS ..all usa money..

world hunger would be non existant - disease research would quadruple * and i say that as a Bill bugging google loving expect more MS thorn in yr side.

From a philanthropy perspective - there is no reason to believe BG wouldnt hold true to what he does: give. Wink

• User profile image
    UdoSchroeter

This is really not so bad an idea...
    As it is, the government is already under complete control of big business. But given the choice whether the biggest influence is from the oil or the technology industry... I think the tech industry would be a much better "owner" of the country!
    At least there would be actual scientific research going on again, without church oversight as it is right now. Also, I can't imagine BillG going to war with countries for the reasons GW did. Of course, there would be a big explosion of the movie and music industry's rights, which would suck for consumers. But that's where we are headed anyway, so it's probably not a big difference. All in all it would be better for the economy.

But I don't think it's going to happen, because Bill is really only interested in technology, or so I hear!

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

miamijjs wrote:

I think Bill Gates would be great! If the country was ran like Microsoft we would be just fine.

What do you think?

We can run away from the issues or we can work to solve them so our children won't have to deal with even worse issues. Which do you prefer?

jamie wrote:
    actually .. if billg was president - and had ms money .. PLUS ..all usa money..

world hunger would be non existant - disease research would quadruple * and i say that as a Bill bugging google loving expect more MS thorn in yr side.

From a philanthropy perspective - there is no reason to believe BG wouldnt hold true to what he does: give. Wink

Hunger is a very complicated problem. Sure you can give people food today but what happens tomorrow? You can't just keep giving people food. You have to give them the ability to get food and the only way to do that is through education. Education is not something people necessarily like nor is it something that can be done in a blink of an eye. It takes time, time that transcends presidencies. If Bill Gates was President (which he can't run for at the moment because he doesn't have a college degree), his policies will not eliminate issues such as hunger in day, month, year or during his administration. Do you want to hear this? No but I like many other people who you don't want to listen to don't tell you what you want to hear, they tell you what they should hear and what you should hear is that these problems will last for decades and cannot be eliminated instantaneously; anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

Shining Arcanine wrote:
    If Bill Gates was President (which he can't run for at the moment because he doesn't have a college degree)

Actually, he has several honorary degrees, which do in fact count Smiley

• User profile image
    miamijjs

I really feel like Kerry and bush really don't care all that much about the "tech geek vote".

Bush has made some nice comments about coast to coast free broadband but I know Mr. Gates would take us to a new level of tech.

Here's what I think would be nice.

1. Online voting
    2. Online Drivers License or State IDs Issued
    3. FREE coast to coast wi fi
    4. Wide spread wi-fi internet video phone
    5. More computers in schools
    6. Forget Directv, lets have MSN internet2 wifi tv.
    7. Less or no taxes on PC hardware to allow every home in the usa to own a "ok" comouter set up. This would also encourage people to buy new gear more often.

Fun Ideas

1. Outlaw Macs! haha

Bad Thoughts

1. Bill would push the DRM issue

• User profile image
    Keskos

miamijjs wrote:

What do you think?

I think you stopped the cigarette smoking, but you didn't stop other type of smoking. Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.