Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Help the MS Community

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Steve411

     
       The name does not really explain it, but what the heck.. This is what I'm thinking at the moment..
      The image shown here:
         
       (from the windows xp security website)
    I want to see if one of us can re-create it using a different background image (from xp). For example the Follow and Tulips background (which i have shown here). Thought it would be fun to share what we all can do for the ms community. Here is what i'v worked on so far.. If you want i will submit the PSD Files.

       Using The tulips background:

     (this is the first one I worked on, forgive me for the width and height not being the same as the original.)
     
      Then the second one, Background Used, Follow.

     
     Please submit yours and tell me what you think of mine. 
       God Bless,
          /Steve

  • User profile image
    abs

    Nice graphics.

    Good idea, Steve. Smiley

  • User profile image
    Steve411

    abs wrote:
    Nice graphics.

    Good idea, Steve. Smiley


     Thanks, and Thanks. Smiley

  • User profile image
    Steve411

    Here is another image I worked on for today..
     
     Background Used: Stonehenge

       Whatcha think?

  • User profile image
    Manip2

    Small problem with all your images.. they make it harder to read the 'Install Service Pack 2 ->' msg which is the point of the entire image. The MS one has a clean colour behind the letters to make it easy to read plus the colours of the background and the text don't compliment each other so the words stand out.

  • User profile image
    Steve411

    Manip2 wrote:
    Small problem with all your images.. they make it harder to read the 'Install Service Pack 2 ->' msg which is the point of the entire image. The MS one has a clean colour behind the letters to make it easy to read plus the colours of the background and the text don't compliment each other so the words stand out.


     Ok, I'll upload the new ones soon.

  • User profile image
    Karim

  • User profile image
    Karim

  • User profile image
    Kaelan

  • User profile image
    Karim

    LOL!!!  Nice!

  • User profile image
    Kaelan

    Karim wrote:
    LOL!!!  Nice!

    I was inspired by your Win2k one. Smiley

  • User profile image
    Keskos

    Kaelan wrote:
    Karim wrote:LOL!!!  Nice!

    I was inspired by your Win2k one. Smiley


    Hehe both are fantastic. Lend you wallet to steve jobs. I loved it.

  • User profile image
    Steve411

    They both look Great. Smiley

  • User profile image
    Simo

    Karim... hillarious

  • User profile image
    MisterDonut

    What programs are you guys using to create those graphics? I am looking for a decent program to make images for a web site and have like *no* design skills what so ever. I always took the incorrect, bigoted route of "I'm an engineer, not one of those artsy people" and am now regreting it..

    In addition to showing me the error of my ways, please let me know what programs you guys are using. I'd like to learn more.

    Great pix, by the way!

  • User profile image
    Keskos

    MisterDonut wrote:
    What programs are you guys using to create those graphics? I am looking for a decent program to make images for a web site and have like *no* design skills what so ever. I always took the incorrect, bigoted route of "I'm an engineer, not one of those artsy people" and am now regreting it..

    In addition to showing me the error of my ways, please let me know what programs you guys are using. I'd like to learn more.

    Great pix, by the way!



    I think they are most probably using photoshop. If not painshop pro.


Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.