Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Channel 9 is great ... but needs a search engine already !

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Sabot

All those in favour say 'I' !!!

• User profile image
    Shawn

I

(BUT.. I'm willing to wait.  This site has great potential and proper "implementation" takes time.)

• User profile image
    paulcam

Hah... I!

In the interim, have you tried to use Google or MSN search?

In Google or MSN, try something like this for your search: "site:channel9.msdn.com c#".

Hmm... I should email someone about MSN search... Google returns waaaaaay more results. Smiley

• User profile image
    Manip

I.

I would keep away from MSN Search.. very poor.. Google is good, use that. Wink

• User profile image
    OSUKid7

I

aye aye aye...it needs a lot more than just a search engine to be great. Channel 9 is a terrific idea, but there's so much that could be better.

• User profile image
    Dag

Be patient with the guys. This is the first version and it has been out for only two weeks, or less.

And as we always knows about Microsoft is that their version 3 is the best. Wink

So, keep up the good work.

• User profile image
    Karthik

I, I think.

If not a search feature, they could atleast use some kind of neat categorization to look at all the articles and/or posts.

But then, hey! Its just been a week or so, and am guessing that this site is going to be quite different in say, a month from now.

So far its been quite good, so lets see how this turns out. Hell, I find spending as much time here as I do on Slashdot! Smiley

• User profile image
    lenn

Yup, we hear you guys. Good feedback. Honestly we discussed this when we were building the site and thought ... "nah ... it will be a while before a lot of people come here" and decided to punt until post launch. Looks like we were wrong. It is on the list for an update to the site. Thanks again for all the good feedback, we are listening.

• User profile image
    vanlandw

gg...

yeah..in the future i'm sure a search for answers will be nice...when the thread count just grows and grows.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.