Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

local.live.com - Microsoft mapping UK

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cider

Microsoft has put some SERIOUSLY high res pictures of parts of the UK up on http://local.live.com, including many bird's eye views in London.

Pretty neat seeing places in Edinburgh with great aerial photography.

• User profile image
    Manip

YAY! But the down side is now we have to look at the UK ... And let me tell you even at street level it isn't all that lovely... Smiley

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

Finally... I've been waiting for this.

• User profile image
    AndyC

Cool, I can see my office. Smiley

Fairly old photos though, the eternal building site that is UEA has changed considerably since they were taken.

• User profile image
    Wells

Nice, I can now see my home down in Cornwall! I was about to say it's better than Google's, but it looks like google has also updated their imagery.

• User profile image
    Tensor

Holy guacamole! The ones of my house are quite  recent too - within the last year I woudl say as they have my neighbours new garage.

• User profile image
    Rowan

They still haven't discovered my suburb yet, down in Australia.

• User profile image
    Angus

That is good, but where I live the road map is much more up-to-date than the images, for instance, someone on my street sold his house, and contractors built about 7 houses on the land, on the map the new road name is displayed, but only one house is; the construction hasn't can't even be seen on the image yet. Overall, very good though.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I want birds-eye view of the Netherlands. Sad Or just any kind of decent-res photography of the Netherlands, Live Local has none while Google Maps at least has some areas.

• User profile image
    KevinB

Rowan wrote:
    They still haven't discovered my suburb yet, down in Australia.

They also seem to have missed out on that big lump of land called Ireland. Google at least has some areas covered with high res images, Live has none by the looks of it Sad

• User profile image
    fdezjose

They also forgot Spain...

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.