Coffeehouse Thread

275 posts

Channel 9 Update Planning

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    raymond

I would like a spell checker as well and an indicator as to whether the author of a post or thread is online or not.

One thing I find very annoying is having only a few link pages listed at the bottom of the page.

I would like to see at least 10 individual pages together with links to the next ten.

For example 1 2 3 5 5 7 8 8 10   11-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69
    Raymond

• User profile image
    MasterPi

I do hope that if you include alot of this, there's a "simple/classic" mode we call fall back to if performance becomes wacky.

I seriously don't want the add post page to take more than 5 seconds to render because of AJAX, spell-checking, etc..

Live.com is bugging me currently because of how long it takes just to load the main page.  Please let that mess not affect our C9 experience.

• User profile image
    jamie

*inline polls - sortable / by user / from profile

Sort by Most views Yes wins No Wins Maybe wins

also - re above - yes 1,2
    needs to go (line break)

ensure enough room for 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9....

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

All I want is that it works in Opera.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Rowan wrote:
    At the moment I don't like having to click on the New Reply icon from another person's post, the New Reply button should be at the top and bottom of the page.

I would also love a simple (plain text) quick reply box at the bottom of each thread to streamline the posting process.

Without that button you need always to scroll up to post a reply. I don't like that idea.

• User profile image
    littleguru

I hope you are not going to overkill it with features Smiley Keep it simple, keep it consistent and let the conversation be the center of your efforts.

Btw: I'm not a fan of the quick reply thing. It just wasts in 99% of the cases my bandwidth.

• User profile image
    Tensor

My pet bugbear... I have asked for this before but here goes again Smiley

Make it work on IE for Pocket PC! This has ticked me off so many times. I browse the site, see somthing I want to reply to, start typing... then remember - it doesnt work. It just doesnt post. Considering this is meant to be a site evanglaisign MS technology thats just nto good enough - especially as mobility and tablets etc seem to get quite a lot of attention.

The worst thing was it did (kind of) work from Opera for mobile. Please make it work? Just a simple text-box editor to degrade to if the browser doesnt support the fancy editing box?

Oh and fromthe above it should be pretty clear spell checking will be welcome too Smiley

• User profile image
    System

I've just had a look at 10 and I cant see any way to download the videos. They all seem to stream. I hope downloadable versions of videos stay a part of C9. I like to be able to watch them on the go.

• User profile image
    System

SimonJ wrote:
    Don't, however, lose the ability to see all the comments at once.
    SimonJ

Yep, I agree. I do not like having to click on the comments to read them.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Don't change the colors. I like retro-kitch. Too many web sites use cold colors. C9 should be a warm place, with warm colors.

• User profile image
    littleguru

anon wrote:
    I've just had a look at 10 and I cant see any way to download the videos. They all seem to stream. I hope downloadable versions of videos stay a part of C9. I like to be able to watch them on the go.

Underneath each video there is a "down button". Click it. Afterwards a popup shows up - containing all video formats. Right click on a format and click on "Save target as...".

That's it. It's downloading and saving it to the disk.

• User profile image
    littleguru

TommyCarlier wrote:
    Don't change the colors. I like retro-kitch. Too many web sites use cold colors. C9 should be a warm place, with warm colors.

Yep. I  like the worm style too. We need some worm colors in the black Vista ages...

• User profile image
    System

littleguru wrote:

anon wrote: I've just had a look at 10 and I cant see any way to download the videos. They all seem to stream. I hope downloadable versions of videos stay a part of C9. I like to be able to watch them on the go.

Underneath each video there is a "down button". Click it. Afterwards a popup shows up - containing all video formats. Right click on a format and click on "Save target as...".

That's it. It's downloading and saving it to the disk.

Wow, PSP format! Saves me having to convert it. Well then... thats one feature I gladly welcome to channel9. Thanks guru

• User profile image
    SimonJ

I would like to see threaded discussions rather than the flat model you get at the moment It would cut down on the need to quote to make the replies understandable. Don't, however, lose the ability to see all the comments at once.

I would also go for slightly more business-like styling. The current colour scheme, icons, etc are a little retro-kitch.

SimonJ

• User profile image
    Maurits

jeffsand wrote:
    We are interested in more Ajax in the forums though to eliminate refreshes.  Thoughts?

I just want the site to work.  Refreshes are not a problem for me.

• User profile image
    arunpv

I have very few requests
    1. Use of Tags for each New Topic and later i can use a filter to watch for topics under certain Tags. (Very useful)
    2. Quick repy window will help a lot.
    3. Sidebar on the right to show Online/Offline users ability to send Private Messages, show most watched threads/most replied thread names.
    4. New Icons or if possible use MSN Messenger icon set.
    5. If possible, somehow an option to read multiple post..
    6. Image upload - if i have something to show, i don't want to upload somewhere and paste the url here time consuming....

Thanks

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

What a great thread Smiley

I can tell you one thing for sure, we will not be losing the Channel 9 color scheme.  It just wouldn't be Channel 9 without the orange.

Other than that keep the suggestions coming, we'll be tracking each and every one to figure out what we can do.  Oh, just so you know, Mobile support is very high on the priority list.

• User profile image
    Rossj

I'll only ask for one thing, that I've been desperate for since I joined C9 ...

Proper Safari support would allow me to drop FF completely on my machines - ironic that it is only C9 that keeps me using it and I am starting to dislike it immensely.  I'm not asking for more in Safari that anything else - just the same level of functionality without paragraph hell would be nice.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.