Coffeehouse Thread

21 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

www.seewindowsvista.com Site Launch

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    mswanson

You've probably heard a lot about the new features in Windows Vista. But have you seen any of the cool stuff that our customers and partners are doing on top of Windows Vista? We worked with Tom Skerritt (MASH, Alien, Top Gun, Contact, etc.) and 20 of our early adopters to build a site that shows the kinds of applications that can be built with our new technology. Think of them as short teasers for an upcoming generation of software: www.seewindowsvista.com.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Could you have gotten anyone older and more choppier to do the video?

• User profile image
    Manip

Spam... Delete/Ban? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

Cool site.

I do believe Channel9 is very far from your target market.

• User profile image
    mswanson

Probably true, Michael. But, many of the developers who worked on those applications probably came up-to-speed on the technologies via Channel 9! Smiley

• User profile image
    Escamillo

mswanson wrote:

You've probably heard a lot about the new features in Windows Vista. But have you seen any of the cool stuff that our customers and partners are doing on top of Windows Vista? We worked with Tom Skerritt (MASH, Alien, Top Gun, Contact, etc.) and 20 of our early adopters to build a site that shows the kinds of applications that can be built with our new technology. Think of them as short teasers for an upcoming generation of software: www.seewindowsvista.com.

Cool site.
    Did you get a chance to ask Tom Skerritt what's the hold-up in getting Picket Fences out on DVD? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    mswanson

Escamillo wrote:

mswanson wrote: 

Cool site.
    Did you get a chance to ask Tom Skerritt what's the hold-up in getting Picket Fences out on DVD?

Too funny, Escamillo! Smiley I did ask him which of his projects he is most proud of. His answer was A River Runs Through It, which also happens to be one of my favorites.

• User profile image
    littleguru

When do we get the public Beta 2? I'd like to play with it... not to see another bunch of intro videos.

• User profile image
    Rowan

I look forward to being able to do this:

"Zoom in and out on a document, and text automatically adjusts for better viewing."

Btw, that Flash presentation is very confusing to use at first, he says, "Go ahead, click one of the categories" as he points to the floating windows. Problem: you can't click on the windows.

Scrollbars, just because it's Flash doesn't mean scrollbars have to be badly designed.

What's up with the Dassault 3D modeller by the way? Since when could 3D modeling programs create 3D models of objects?

Also, try increasing the framerate from 12fps to at least 25fps.

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

ehhh!

It's stuck on the "starting up" screen.  The progress bar only has a sliver of green. [C]

• User profile image
    Zeo

I don't know who that actor is but he's terrible. Terrible. From hearing him for 2 seconds I suddenly felt bored by Windows Vista.

• User profile image
    Sourcecode

Zeo wrote:
    I don't know who that actor is but he's terrible. Terrible. From hearing him for 2 seconds I suddenly felt bored by Windows Vista.

I think he is actually a great actor when in TV or movies, they should have had SteveB do the host part.Wink

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Why couldnt you guys get the mead man on the Soprano's to do it.  That would have been pretty cool.

The car promo

" You can decide what trunk space you need, do a virtual tour of the trunk to make sure there are no safety latches"

• User profile image
    BryanF

Sourcecode wrote:
    I think he is actually a great actor when in TV or movies, they should have had SteveB do the host part.
    "UPGRADE! UPGRADE! UPGRADE! UPGRADE! ..." Big Smile

• User profile image
    ElucidWeb

What if you could....

What if you could...

Imagine if...

Imagine if...

The possibilities are endless...

LMFAO horrible site, the videos are so scripted it makes me nausea's to listen to him talk and the intro is even worse.  I mean I appreciate the effort but not really liking the flow and layout of the whole thing IMO.

Just me 2 cents!

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

They could have gotten Tom cruise and oprahs couch so he could jump up and down on it and say "I love this software"

Sourcecode wrote:
    Zeo wrote:I don't know who that actor is but he's terrible. Terrible. From hearing him for 2 seconds I suddenly felt bored by Windows Vista.

I think he is actually a great actor when in TV or movies, they should have had SteveB do the host part.

• User profile image
    a !

http://digg.com/software/Interactive_Video:_Windows_Vista_Complete_Features

Good job, a little too much marketing - but still This will be helpful to many - it was Digged yesterday, but no one reacted - lets try a more alluring title

This should definitely be seen

• User profile image
    Cairo

Here's what Jamie seems when he looks at Vista...

note: Jamie didn't make this, I just thought of him when I saw it...

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=151250154&size=o

The image “<a href=http://static.flickr.com/45/151250154_eee4ce34e8_o.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors." src="http://static.flickr.com/45/151250154_eee4ce34e8_o.jpg">

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.