Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

REQUEST: C9 on Atlas RTM / Beta plans

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    figuerres

seems like the last CTP has been out for a while and I have not heard / seen any news on the status of shipping the Atlas bits.

possibly a quick update from C9 on what MSFT is thinking.

for example:

should I be planning to get Atlas as part of Orcas?
    as a SP to VS 2005 in lass than 12 months?

or ????

• User profile image
    bgold

figuerres --

We shipped an April CTP after MIX that was also go-live and we are planning to ship a June CTP of Atlas.  The goal is to continue to ship CTP's every 6-8 weeks until we release.

We are currently committed to shipping an RTM supported version of Atlas with the "Orcas" release of the dot net framework and visual studio.  HOWEVER, we are investigating pulling that date in considerably.  That work is in the process of being finalized and I hope to have information ot share later this summer.

Either way, the CTP drops are go-live, relatively stable, and deifnitely something you can use today.

Hope this helps.
    Brian

• User profile image
    figuerres

bgold wrote:
    figuerres --

We shipped an April CTP after MIX that was also go-live and we are planning to ship a June CTP of Atlas.  The goal is to continue to ship CTP's every 6-8 weeks until we release.

We are currently committed to shipping an RTM supported version of Atlas with the "Orcas" release of the dot net framework and visual studio.  HOWEVER, we are investigating pulling that date in considerably.  That work is in the process of being finalized and I hope to have information ot share later this summer.

Either way, the CTP drops are go-live, relatively stable, and deifnitely something you can use today.

Hope this helps.
    Brian

thank you!

that is *EXACTLY* the kind of info I have been looking for.

I am 100% for "ship it when it's done" as I know how pushing to ship can lead to nasty bugs etc....

where I work we used the beta's and CTP's of the 2005 wave, it was mostly a good thing but we now have a live system and so we are now very carefull about breaking it. Smiley

but we do see a number of things in atlas we want to add to our web site functions.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.