Coffeehouse Thread

56 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

And the Winner of Douche Bag of All Time is ...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    sysrpl

    Rarely does there come a time where douche baggery is exemplified such as this. It staggers the mind that anyone could be such a douche bag by defending (I need to watch my language) war criminals and pinning their crimes on murdered Americans.

    Warning! You may throw up when watching this video.

  • User profile image
    sysrpl

    Yeah, there was something wrong with the HTML editor on this forum that prevented the link at first. Maybe it's a bug that has something to due with the profanity filter when I used the word do*che bag?


    BTW John, hello from an ex-salesware employee.

  • User profile image
    JohnAskew

    Must be you since there's no link or video.
    Ah, it appeared with my post...


    ROFLMAO

    " ...the Sysphus of Morons..."


    /me shakes head in disgust. More proof of concept.

  • User profile image
    JohnAskew

    Ah. AW. You freaking genius type.

    Yep. Dirty word filter rips it all up.

  • User profile image
    BryanF

    Manip wrote:
    Is that what goes for a news channel in America? ...
    Um, yeah... [C]

  • User profile image
    Manip

    Is that what goes for a news channel in America? ...

    Need I point out that they are attacking the example instead of the point? Does it matter if the example is incorrect? And why is one news channel attacking another news channel? Aren't news reporters supposed to be unbiased, reporting on facts, and sides*, not opinions?

    (A 'side' in this context is someone else's opinion)

  • User profile image
    JohnAskew

    BryanF wrote:
    
    Manip wrote: Is that what goes for a news channel in America? ...
    Um, yeah...



    Um, I bet you Manip hasn't watched BO... yeah.

  • User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

    I didn't see either of those episodes, but Bill O'Reilly might as well have used the My Lai massacre as an example (or rape and pillaging during the US Civil War). I don't see why O'Reilly mistating something about history would really be offensive and seen as an attempt to smear American soldiers. I doubt historians or veterans were saying 'how dare he'. O'Reilly has at times corrected himself, stating he was wrong, so Keith Oberman is falsely trying to blow this up into a caricature of O'Reilly's personality.

    But I think anyone who has watched both O'Reilly and Oberman knows that Oberman much more clearly qualifies as a 'douchebag'. That whole segment was puffing things up into pompous turns of phrases in order to put O'Reilly down condescendingly and make himself look smart. O'Reilly sometimes gets arrogant but he doesn't become a cartoon like that.

    I often think O'Reilly is wrong about politics--that he often simplifies things too much--but he is an ok guy. People who develop some type of hatred towards him and call him a moron--and this can become obsessive as you see in Oberman and in Al Franken--are usually bigger blowhards than O'Reilly is.

    ---this includes conservatives. I know conservatives who think O'Reilly is an unqualified idiot, not because he believed that oil companies were price gouging, but because O'Reilly believed there was even such a thing called "price gouging". (Supposedly) according to economic theory, its impossible, so O'Reilly, not realizing this, is a moron. pfffft. If a good becomes less dispensible, and there isn't an open market, its not directly subject to supply and demand, and is influenced by speculation. The market isnt ideal.

    And the put-downs from liberals aren't more mature. When there were allegations against him for sexual harassment people tried to say how he was some sort of hypocrite--while in fact whenever the subject of sex came up (ie talking about Britney Spears) he said that he didn't understand why it was such a big deal and thought violence in gangsta rap was more important to talk about.

    He is a fun target for people who think of themselves as smart to hate, because he appeals to the 'folks' and is populist. I find that people who aren't stuck up or overly opinionated don't really have a problem with him compared to other commentators, even if they think his way of thinking is wrong.


  • User profile image
    Minh

    Manip wrote:
    Is that what goes for a news channel in America? ... 
    Aren't news reporters supposed to be unbiased, reporting on facts, and sides*, not opinions?
    ...

    Know who started the trend?

  • User profile image
    Minh

    brian.shapiro wrote:
    When there were allegations against him for sexual harassment

    Yeah, right. "allegetions". Uh huh.

    brian.shapiro wrote:

    people tried to say how he was some sort of hypocrite


    Maybe this is a definition of hypocrite.

    The O'Reilly Factor for Kids

    brian.shapiro wrote:
    He is a fun target for people who think of themselves as smart to hate, because he appeals to the 'folks' and is populist.

    No. He appeals to people who don't like to think too hard. And "populuist?" Lest you forget, the 2000 & 2004 margins were 2% and 4% respectively.

    brian.shapiro wrote:

    I find that people who aren't stuck up or overly opinionated don't really have a problem with him compared to other commentators, even if they think his way of thinking is wrong.

    They don't have a problem even though they think he's wrong? Yeah, those people called p*ssies!

  • User profile image
    JohnAskew

    Those who choose to defend Bill O'Reilly will also be ones claiming Rush Limbaugh is not a drug addict, but a victim of "the liberal press".

    Rupert Murdock is a warmonger and Fox is a propoganda machine.

    Bill O'Reilly said twice that US soldiers murdered SS soldiers in WWII.
    He was exactly wrong each time. Never apologized, just lied to cover it up. You say that isn't disrespectful? To not check his facts? To repeat them? To deny he ever was wrong? To make stuff up to cover his arse? He's a lying liar and filled with hatred. He should be sued. Facts don't change to save face for TV personalities, guys.
    Those of you who defend BO are fools, Brian Shapiro. Fools for the 'Sysphus of Morons', I feel sorry for you.
     
    Rush and Bill just can't take responsibility for their actions.

    I told you so.

  • User profile image
    Tom Servo

    That was sure a lot of talking to point out that douchebaggery. Do your news channels ever get immediately to a point?

  • User profile image
    ShakesPeer

    JohnAskew wrote:
    Those who choose to defend Bill O'Reilly will also be ones claiming Rush Limbaugh is not a drug addict, but a victim of "the liberal press".

    Rupert Murdock is a warmonger and Fox is a propoganda machine.

    Bill O'Reilly said twice that US soldiers murdered SS soldiers in WWII.
    He was exactly wrong each time. Never apologized, just lied to cover it up. You say that isn't disrespectful? To not check his facts? To repeat them? To deny he ever was wrong? To make stuff up to cover his arse? He's a lying liar and filled with hatred. He should be sued. Facts don't change to save face for TV personalities, guys.
    Those of you who defend BO are fools, Brian Shapiro. Fools for the 'Sysphus of Morons', I feel sorry for you.
     
    Rush and Bill just can't take responsibility for their actions.

    I told you so.
    By any chance do you listen to "Air America" or are you Al Franken in disguise?

    Our humble staff would like to know.

    Cheers.

    Will,
    MVP

  • User profile image
    JohnAskew

    Tom Servo wrote:
    That was sure a lot of talking to point out that douchebaggery. Do your news channels ever get immediately to a point?


    24 cable news shows have lots of airtime to sensationalize news.


    You get cable? The whole editorialization of news was a rotten egg hatched by Rupert Murdock himself. I don't consider Fox News as anything but propoganda.

    Oberman is another TV personality and not so inclined to be stupidly wrong or unapologetic. Ever find a wrong fact he's uttered? You won't either. He's not a propogandist who makes stuff up and gets stuff wrong. He's an entertainer as much as a news guy, just like BO.

    When I want the NEWS, I watch PBS or BBC, or maybe CNN headline news.

    Fox has never been about news at all. Just propoganda. "Spin".

  • User profile image
    JohnAskew

    ShakesPeer wrote:
    
    JohnAskew wrote: Those who choose to defend Bill O'Reilly will also be ones claiming Rush Limbaugh is not a drug addict, but a victim of "the liberal press".

    Rupert Murdock is a warmonger and Fox is a propoganda machine.

    Bill O'Reilly said twice that US soldiers murdered SS soldiers in WWII.
    He was exactly wrong each time. Never apologized, just lied to cover it up. You say that isn't disrespectful? To not check his facts? To repeat them? To deny he ever was wrong? To make stuff up to cover his arse? He's a lying liar and filled with hatred. He should be sued. Facts don't change to save face for TV personalities, guys.
    Those of you who defend BO are fools, Brian Shapiro. Fools for the 'Sysphus of Morons', I feel sorry for you.
     
    Rush and Bill just can't take responsibility for their actions.

    I told you so.
    By any chance do you listen to "Air America" or are you Al Franken in disguise?

    Our humble staff would like to know.

    Cheers.

    Will,
    MVP



    I don't get Al Franken, but I would listen if I had Satellite radio.

    Humble? No, disingenuous. You don't think I am Al Franken.

  • User profile image
    ShakesPeer

    JohnAskew wrote:
    
    ShakesPeer wrote: 
    JohnAskew wrote: Those who choose to defend Bill O'Reilly will also be ones claiming Rush Limbaugh is not a drug addict, but a victim of "the liberal press".

    Rupert Murdock is a warmonger and Fox is a propoganda machine.

    Bill O'Reilly said twice that US soldiers murdered SS soldiers in WWII.
    He was exactly wrong each time. Never apologized, just lied to cover it up. You say that isn't disrespectful? To not check his facts? To repeat them? To deny he ever was wrong? To make stuff up to cover his arse? He's a lying liar and filled with hatred. He should be sued. Facts don't change to save face for TV personalities, guys.
    Those of you who defend BO are fools, Brian Shapiro. Fools for the 'Sysphus of Morons', I feel sorry for you.
     
    Rush and Bill just can't take responsibility for their actions.

    I told you so.
    By any chance do you listen to "Air America" or are you Al Franken in disguise?

    Our humble staff would like to know.

    Cheers.

    Will,
    MVP



    I don't get Al Franken, but I would listen if I had Satellite radio.

    Humble? No, disingenuous. You don't think I am Al Franken.
    You are correct. I did not really think you were Al Franken, I was just trying a little online good natured humour. Your opinions just seemed quite strong. And please, in the future, do not make crass comments about my team.

    Cheers.

    Will,
    MVP

  • User profile image
    JohnAskew

    ShakesPeer wrote:
    
    JohnAskew wrote: 
    ShakesPeer wrote: 
    JohnAskew wrote: Those who choose to defend Bill O'Reilly will also be ones claiming Rush Limbaugh is not a drug addict, but a victim of "the liberal press".

    Rupert Murdock is a warmonger and Fox is a propoganda machine.

    Bill O'Reilly said twice that US soldiers murdered SS soldiers in WWII.
    He was exactly wrong each time. Never apologized, just lied to cover it up. You say that isn't disrespectful? To not check his facts? To repeat them? To deny he ever was wrong? To make stuff up to cover his arse? He's a lying liar and filled with hatred. He should be sued. Facts don't change to save face for TV personalities, guys.
    Those of you who defend BO are fools, Brian Shapiro. Fools for the 'Sysphus of Morons', I feel sorry for you.
     
    Rush and Bill just can't take responsibility for their actions.

    I told you so.
    By any chance do you listen to "Air America" or are you Al Franken in disguise?

    Our humble staff would like to know.

    Cheers.

    Will,
    MVP



    I don't get Al Franken, but I would listen if I had Satellite radio.

    Humble? No, disingenuous. You don't think I am Al Franken.
    You are correct. I did not really think you were Al Franken, I was just trying a little online good natured humour. Your opinions just seemed quite strong. And please, in the future, do not make crass comments about my team.

    Cheers.

    Will,
    MVP



    This is an accusation... but of what?

    That I used the word "disingenuous"?

    Or do you work at Fox?

    EDIT: Or is Brian Shapiro part of your team?

    I don't think I've been crass, certainly less crass than BO is daily.

  • User profile image
    DoomBringer

    I was about to post this... but you beat me.

    I posted a big thing over on my blog... good video find though.  I'll have to point people to it.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.