Coffeehouse Thread

18 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

g-mail???

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    aeris

What is so great about it, and how can I get it??? That GoG link isn't working for me!!

• User profile image
    Keskos

aeris wrote:
    What is so great about it, and how can I get it??? That GoG link isn't working for me!!

Just drop your email here and probably someone will send you, or specify your email in the profile.

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

I'm sure I have some invites. Havne't checked in over a month. If you want, drop me an email and I'll give you one if I've got it.

• User profile image
    jonathanh

The Channel9 GoG list "hasn't been working" because GMail weren't giving members any more invites for a while.

But GMail gave all users at least 6 more invites earlier today, and since then it looks like another 20 Channel9 users have received invites thanks to the GoG list. So give it another try - you're asking at exactly the right time to get one!

(And to all Channel 9'ers who received their GMail account thanks to the GoG list, now's the time to repay the kindness and help out a stranger or two!)

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

Guess I don't have any, sorry.

• User profile image
    jamie

to be honest - i havent tried gmail..

anyone got an extra account ill check it out..

jamie@jamiegrant.com

( i smoke so i wasnt able to get any from last thread Wink

• User profile image
    aeris

ok, my current email is jamie@uni-temp.net

• User profile image
    psoutham

If you've got an extra $9-12 a year (can't remember the exact price) just use yahoo mail. You get 2G of storage, pop3 access, & address guard. I love it.

• User profile image
    jamie

hey /Lars - thanks!

jamiegrant@gmail.com 

Smiley 

• User profile image
    lars

Enjoy. Smiley

• User profile image
    aeris

i did add my name to the GoG list now... hopefully i'll get one soon...

• User profile image
    RedWolves2

Whenever I have extra I always give them away to the GoG list.  I have given 13 away to date.

• User profile image
    jamie

haha - i clicked "Contacts" in gmail

and an error box came up that said:

" Grrrr.  You may have a pop up blocker. Please allow it to access this site"

priceless.

remember all the MS "Simplified error messages" talk?..

yet we still get crazy technical errors

- i think we need a few more "Grrr's" in windows

Its come along way since "Would you like to see further DHCP Messages? Yes Cancel - but how HUMAN is Grrr? - I am not an animal! Smiley

*** Have: Change desktop wallpaper wait screen text from Annie Hall:  La dee da... ****

or

"Windows Update needs to reboot in the middle of what you are doing:  Listen to us!   You were warned.  ****

* on first inspection Gmail appears to be Piece One in a new effort to combine blog/rss/email and communication in one interface - even though the other pieces arnt in yet

this is more than free email folks - its the P word ( paradigmgmgm )

we shall see

**Addition:  I sent a test email to myself - and it came with NO advertising on it ( like how hotmail puts that line of "Get hotmail" on every email

those guys are too cool

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Yes, if anyone has any extra gmail invites I would like one. My email link is underneath my avatar. Or you can just request my email address through emailing me Smiley

• User profile image
    nite2kx

6 invites left visit http://global-pc.co.uk then register then pm the admn.

• User profile image
    aeris

yay i got one

• User profile image
    Montez265

If anybody wants a g-mail invite?  I have one left and if you want one then who sends request first to montez265@gmail.com then i'll send. Remember only one!!!

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

jamie wrote:
    remember all the MS "Simplified error messages" talk?..

yet we still get crazy technical errors

Maybe MS should talk to the people at Roland. My Roland E-96 gives error messages in a way that makes you scared to ever make a mistake again.

Simply try pressing the 'Play' button of the sequencer when there's no disk in the drive:
    INSERT SONG DISK AND PRESS PLAY!

Yep, in capitals, with the exclamation point, and in a nice blocky bold font filling the entire display too. You can imagine the keyboard thinking "You fool! How could you even consider pressing play without inserting a song disk?!? Average desk chairs must have a higher IQ than you. I don't know why I even bother trying to explain it!"

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.