• User profile image
    Rossj

• User profile image
    Angus

What do you mean by this post?

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    julianbenja​min

It's not slow in here.  People are still posting regularly.

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

*post post*

• User profile image
    scobleizer

It's hard to keep a community interesting, isn't it?

• User profile image
    littleguru

Well... Everybody is invited to post interesting stuff... Wink

• User profile image
    Cairo

Well, I started a thread about video-on-demand. It was interesting to me. Smiley

• User profile image
    Harlequin

I agree with Rossj, I was just thinking the same thing this morning. You might not agree, but I do think that Troll-Damage does occur. Nobody wants to post anything intelligent for the fear that Blatz/ChrisA/etc will ruin it for the rest of us.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Angus wrote:
    What do you mean by this post?

I mean that since a large number of posts tend to not be about Microsoft, or instead are about Religion or pets or general non-techie stuff - people seem to have stopped posting, C9 certainly isn't as busy as it used to be.

• User profile image
    Cairo

Harlequin, what's your avatar a picture of? (or maybe I should ask who)

• User profile image
    littleguru

Rossj wrote:

Angus wrote: What do you mean by this post?

I mean that since a large number of posts tend to not be about Microsoft, or instead are about Religion or pets or general non-techie stuff - people seem to have stopped posting, C9 certainly isn't as busy as it used to be.

The question is: What is the Coffeehouse about? Is it about technical stuff or is it about general discussion? Is it about tech news? Or is it about everything?

We have also TechOff, which is about technical stuff. TechOff seems to me to be about problem asking, problem solving.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Darn, not in my favorites anymore. Was just a photo gallery in DeviantArt. Was just a cool picture. I have another one here that is better, was thinking of changing it soon....hehe

• User profile image
    littleguru

W3bbo is currently on 56k dialup modem, I don't know what Jamie does... perhaps that's it?

I like also the mix between technical and non-technical posts.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

littleguru wrote:
    I don't know what Jamie does...

I thought C9Park was his full time job? Cool

• User profile image
    W3bbo

scobleizer wrote:

It's hard to keep a community interesting, isn't it?

Indeed 'tis, we need fresher material.

Contact the guys at Slashdot and Digg, and ask them what interviews they want and deliver!

My top 3:

• MSN Messenger (and why it's so evil)
    • Internet Explorer 8
    • MS Research (specifically the guys behind such innovation as GroupBar and Scalable Fabric)

• User profile image
    KosherCoder

Harlequin wrote:
    I agree with Rossj, I was just thinking the same thing this morning. You might not agree, but I do think that Troll-Damage does occur. Nobody wants to post anything intelligent for the fear that Blatz/ChrisA/etc will ruin it for the rest of us.

....and his type.
    You said it. I rarely post at all for that very reason. I still watch almost every vid, but I'm honestly intimidated to participate.

• User profile image
    zzzzz

posting is down yes for a number of reasons.  I'm not on as much because i have to do things that make money..  I just spent 3 hours unloading equipment for manufacturing. 

Spent all day yesterday doing yard workl i have pushed off and off till it took from sun rise sun set.

Spent Saturday  setting up computers installing applications.

Friday spent all day on the phone with customers

Tomorrow will spend all day hooking machines up, and training people on equipment i have no idea how to run.. 

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

littleguru wrote:
    W3bbo is currently on 56k dialup modem, I don't know what Jamie does... perhaps that's it?

I like also the mix between technical and non-technical posts.

Hey!  I'm not the only one!

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.