Coffeehouse Thread

99 posts

Vista Beta 2 Public Released

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Nightengale

Ohhh sry, forgot one thing. If you go through the process at the website on my last post, you will get a key for install

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

I have another question...

Could I install Vista as a dual boot or will it overright the MBR so that it wont reconginize the XP parititon in the boot loader? I really dont wish to remove my XP parition as it has some important stuff on it. I have a second harddrive that I'd like to put Vista on...

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    intelman

I dual boot Vista and XP. I just split my partition and it worked fine. Vista's boot loader is nice.

• User profile image
    Nightengale

You might want to read this thread which started awhile back but is still going on a bit here and there:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=102000&SiteID=1

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

Oh ok... thanks for the link.

I dont have Partition Magic so I'll just use the Windows Disk Management tool.

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    Refrax

downloading it now at 600K/sec

• User profile image
    IRenderable

OMG NERDCASM.

• User profile image
    IRenderable

intelman wrote:
    I dual boot Vista and XP. I just split my partition and it worked fine. Vista's boot loader is nice.

Can I get read and write support on my XP drives if Vista has a newer NTFS then XP.

• User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

IRenderable wrote:

Can I get read and write support on my XP drives if Vista has a newer NTFS then XP.

Of course you can !!!!!!!!

• User profile image
    Chadk

I have big problems.
    I keep getting kicked of from the download. I have been trying for ½ hour, and evey 5 minuts it counts down my dl rate to 0 bytes/s, and then it says that the server kicked me off Perplexed

• User profile image
    Refrax

i have been getting kicked off as well. use the downloader they have on the download page, it support resume

• User profile image
    Casey​Blackburn

Has anybody got this running yet? If so could they tell me if this is newer than the build 5384 I have already.

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

Thats interesting... I havent been kicked off at all and I've been downloading for well over 2 hours now.

Though it might because I'm downloading it in 16 parts with 16 active connections. So if some drop I still get data transfer.

Dont use that sponsered download manager though, its crap. Use GetRight or Internet Download Manager (IDM). They are far better.

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    littleguru

Wohooohoooohooooooo!!!! Page is down Sad

• User profile image
    littleguru

Has somebody a direct link to the download? Could somebody send me that link via email?

Page is still down Sad

• User profile image
    Jung

littleguru wrote:
    Has somebody a direct link to the download? Could somebody send me that link via email?

Page is still down

There was a direct link a couple of hours ago, don't know if it's just me but when i try and download it, i'm getting a 70Kb .iso instead of a 3Gb one?
    Any ideas?

• User profile image
    littleguru

Hmmm strange... So Vista B2 is available, but nobody can download it... I guess the standard server / client download idea is not scaling enough for such a download. Microsoft should really look at some P2P solutions.

• User profile image
    Jung

P2P would be an excellent idea, but then how often does a major o/s beta go public, would it really be needed?
    It's just unfortunate we had Office 12 and Vista in the last few weeks, but in reality there's only a day or less wait to get at the software.
    I'd rather that than 1000 people downloading it from me and using my whole upstream.
    Perhaps that's selfish, or just common sense?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.