Coffeehouse Thread

78 posts

Stupid people

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • PaoloM

So I'm back from my awesome vacation to Italy and this is what I find in my inbox:

Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:46:24 -0400
    companyrelations@beercosoftware.com>
    Subject: Cease and Desist BeerCo Software Corp.
    To:
    paolo@...
    Message-id: <448443C0.8000305@beercosoftware.com>

Paolo,

Since you are in fact an MS employee, I am now considering legal action against Microsoft for comments you made on their behalves on their Channel9 message board implying that I was to bribe a govt official.

You can publicly apologize or have Microsoft do so for you or I will commence legal action within a month on this matter.

We are already perusing Microsoft on a different matter, and will ask for a summary judgment against the company for all the damages sustained by it and it's employees.

The comments in question are here:

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=167764#167764

If we not here back from you in a reasonable amount of time and a public correction of this defamation, we will take immediate and corrective action with Justice Canada (http://www.justice.gc.ca/en/).

We will send a copy of this (Cc:) to Microsoft Canada in Ontario for an immediate response also.

Have a nice day,

Chris - BCS

Chris - BCS

There are many laughable things in this sort of communication and in the specifics of the message - I will not address them in detail - but what I want to do is to publically start a countdown to the receipt of "something" from this Justice Canada thing or from mr. Chris - BCS.

So, Jun 5th 2006. It's the 9th. Still nothing.

Note: this is not an attempt to ridicule anyone publically (there's no real need for that) but I feel that there must be a point where people should own up to their words and show some responsibility. This is, in fact, an awesome opportunity for this Chris - BCS person to demonstrate how there is something behind just hollow words. I just hope it won't be just another empty waste of everyone's time.

• Cairo

Beer28 wrote:

If we not here back from you

He not write good

• Sourcecode

He could do with a good spell checker. Ya it's stupid, nothing will come of  it, so don't get your hopes up for that letter.

Smiley

• Harlequin

A guy street races, smashes into a cop car, killing the cop, and he does 8 months in prison. Welcome to our legal system in Canada. Do you think any lawyer is going to waste his time on this Beer/ChrisA crap?

• Harlequin

Sourcecode wrote:
    He could do with a good spell checker. Ya it's stupid, nothing will come of  it, so don't get your hopes up for that letter.

Spellchecker wouldn't have helped. The spelling is fine, it's the grammar that looks like it comes from a preteen Smiley

• Angus

Harlequin wrote:
    Welcome to our legal system in Canada.

In Canada it is illegal to pay a debt of over 25 cents in 1 cent coins (pennies); that is a great law in my opinion.

Angus Higgins

• littleguru

PaoloM wrote:
    So I'm back from my awesome vacation to Italy ...

Great! Have some time with the pictures you took and don't worry. Where have you been? Did it rain. I was at home the last three weeks and we had quite a lot rain...

• Sourcecode

Harlequin wrote:

Sourcecode wrote: He could do with a good spell checker. Ya it's stupid, nothing will come of  it, so don't get your hopes up for that letter.

Spellchecker wouldn't have helped. The spelling is fine, it's the grammar that looks like it comes from a preteen

Ok, your right, after a closer look at said document. "Here" should be "hear" that’s the one that triggered my brain misfire.

I stand corrected Big Smile

• PaoloM

littleguru wrote:

PaoloM wrote: So I'm back from my awesome vacation to Italy ...

Great! Have some time with the pictures you took and don't worry. Where have you been? Did it rain. I was at home the last three weeks and we had quite a lot rain...

I was only in Trieste visiting parents, friends and old acquanitances. It rained just one or two days but it was "good" rain Smiley

I'll have to setup a photo gallery or something somewhere...

• PaoloM

Manip wrote:
    Law 101 -- ...

Manip, I won't even start pointing out the sillyness of the communication in detail. Let's just focus on the threats and the followup to them.

• Manip

PaoloM wrote:

Manip wrote: Law 101 -- ...

Manip, I won't even start pointing out the sillyness of the communication in detail. Let's just focus on the threats and the followup to them.

Alrighty... Yes it is absolutely absurd. If he sends you more than a couple more I would sue him for harassment Smiley

PS - Should you REALLY have your e-mail listed in plain text?

• Manip

Law 101 -- Unless acting as an agent for company X employee Y's actions are not the responsibility of company X.

e.g. If I work for McDonald's and walk into a Burger King on my own time and start smashing up the place, Burger King can NOT claim damages from McDonald's because I was my own agent (meaning *I* alone am responsible).

Assuming that PaoloM was even an employee of Microsoft at that time (which I don't think he was), he wouldn't have been acting on Microsoft's behalf.

You might be able to sue the Channel 9 team for things they say or actions they take; but other Microsoft employees? ...

• PaoloM

Manip wrote:

Alrighty... Yes it is absolutely absurd. If he sends you more than a couple more I would sue him for harassment

Heh. It's not the first one...

• rjdohnert

Well, I just got back from the airport and decided I needed to check out C9.  Boy oh Boy you guys have had an exciting week.  My sister decided to surprise me with a camping trip to Colorado just to sit there and be rained on, mosquitoes feasting on my nuts. Ticks, errant fishing hooks.
    It was fun, oh and all that just to tell me she is getting married on Sept 19.

Beer28 is full of it, dont let him pull you down.  He obviously cant read terms of service and while he is quick to dish it out, I guess he just cant take it.  If he does sue you, countersue.

• Maurits

Manip wrote:
    Assuming that PaoloM was even an employee of Microsoft at that time

Channel 9 Feature Request: put the Microsoft flag on posts made by users who were Microsoft employees at the time the post was submitted.

• rjdohnert

I know he wont sue.  I guarantee BeerCo software does not have the resources to take on Microsoft.  It should make everyone feel wonderful though.  He has nothing better to do with his time then to give his attention to Channel9

jaylittle wrote:

rjdohnert wrote:If he does sue you, countersue.

There is no spoon.  There is no if.  He won't sue.

• blowdart

Sourcecode wrote:

Office 2007's spell checker is context sensitive Smiley So hopefully no more here/hear type mistakes.

• SCMcDonnell

I actually thought that letter was great.  I needed a good laugh this morning.

Beer28 obviously has some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder probably due to the fact that his dad beat him over the head with a stuffed penguin when he was young and now he's looking for a mental way to resolve the beating through Linux.

I don't know how the guy sold anything because he was here posting so much.  What a hoot.

SM

Disclaimer:  Views Expressed by the Poster are grounded in truth and most likely will result in a smarter reader.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.