Coffeehouse Thread

68 posts

Channel 9 is NOT dead (from Scoble)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Larsenal

Charles wrote:
    I'll continue to do interviews just as I always have... And, ban I will. 

Charles,

I'm sorry you've come back to this mess.  Don't be discouraged.  I've resolved to try to direct the more dogmatic religious conversations to my blog--especially in cases where the conversation is only between two or three people.

I'm sure things are a bit shaken up with the departure of Scoble.  Again, I wanted to say thanks for your work and patience around here.

D

• User profile image
    staceyw

Thanks for your work here Robert.  Hope to see ya back soon.  Cheers!

• User profile image
    scobleizer

I'm not leaving Channel 9.

Why leave right before Windows Vista comes out?

Cause I see that it will open up rafts of new business opportunities.

• User profile image
    Cider

Robert,

Am I taking that you are going to do this same sort of video interview thing with podtech?  What would be cool is if you figured something out so you could post those podtech interviews here too.  Kinda of give Channel 9 a cross-industry feel.

I'm sorry to hear you are leaving, strangely more disappointed to see you go to a Web 2.0 startup.

But if you are, there is one industry that will embrace podcasting like none other:  education.  Look into it.  I was talking to a few people high up in both US and UK colleges and Unis the other day and its really seen as the big thing.  Vlogging, though, as I have always said, is a bunch of useless crap where only pretty vloggers get any hits!

• User profile image
    Ang3lFir3

Cider wrote:
      Vlogging, though, as I have always said, is a bunch of useless crap where only pretty vloggers get any hits!

you saying scoble aint pretty?Mad

lol.....

on the other hand interviews of the silicon valley startups etc would be great.... really get to here about people doing things that some of us only dream of having the freedom to pursue.....

now I understand this and this better... I think

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

Cider wrote:
    Robert,

Am I taking that you are going to do this same sort of video interview thing with podtech?  What would be cool is if you figured something out so you could post those podtech interviews here too.  Kinda of give Channel 9 a cross-industry feel.

ZDNet wrote:

Scoble will serve as vice president of content media and will host a weekly, if not more frequent, tech podcast show, and help PodTech.net move deeper to video programming, Furrier said. While at Microsoft, Scoble did numerous videos as part of the company's Channel 9 developer site. He will continue to maintain his personal blog, Scobleizer.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=3180

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Cider wrote:

Robert,

I'm sorry to hear you are leaving, strangely more disappointed to see you go to a Web 2.0 startup.

But if you are, there is one industry that will embrace podcasting like none other:  education.  Look into it.  I was talking to a few people high up in both US and UK colleges and Unis the other day and its really seen as the big thing.  Vlogging, though, as I have always said, is a bunch of useless crap where only pretty vloggers get any hits!

I'll be trying a bunch of different things, not just video interviews.

• User profile image
    raymond

Robert,

I will miss your laugh.

I only wish you had stayed until the release of Windows Vista, Exrpression and Office 2007. 

There were at least hundred more videos that you should have made for the Niners.

Enjoy the sunshine of California, sure beats the rain of Redmond.Smiley

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Actually there are another 40 Scoble videos in the bag. So, there's more of me to come for a while.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

scobleizer wrote:
    Actually there are another 40 Scoble videos in the bag. So, there's more of me to come for a while.

How far away are you from Mountain View? If I ever visit there we should meet

• User profile image
    Chadk

Sir. Necro'ing posts is bad. Mkay?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Dylan C wrote:

Chadk wrote:
    Sir. Necro'ing posts is bad. Mkay?

In English please...

"Posting in old threads is bad. Okay?"

I agree, btw. Don't resurrect old threads.

• User profile image
    Sampy

Necro is a shortened form of Necromancy, the black art of raising the dead.

Thread zombies will eat our brains Smiley

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Dylan C wrote:
    Why should it matter what thread I post in?

People who don't look at post dates (e.g. nearly everybody, including yours truly) will start replying to old posts from the thread as if they're still relevant, which more often than not they aren't. Sometimes they will reply to people who haven't been posting here for ages.

It's confusing, it's annoying, it's pointless.

Exceptions may be made only if the new poster has something really insightful/helpful to say. Which wasn't exactly the case with your comment, I'm afraid the say. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Sampy wrote:

Necro is a shortened form of Necromancy, the black art of raising the dead.

Thread zombies will eat our brains

I was thinking of something else that would cause something different to be done to your brain.:O

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

what is the purpose of this thread Robert?

• User profile image
    littleguru

Ion Todirel wrote:
    what is the purpose of this thread Robert?

This thread is dead old! Posted when scoble left. Let this thread drop of the front page again. Thanks.

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

I bumped this up to #1 for a reason.

Why was Dylan banned today?

No answer is needed, just un-do the action, please.

Who's to blame for this? I'm unhappy about it.

JohnAskew

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.