Coffeehouse Thread

68 posts

Channel 9 is NOT dead (from Scoble)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • Lloyd_Humph

This may answer your question.

How do we tell if someones been banned :?

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • JohnAskew

JohnAskew wrote:

I bumped this up to #1 for a reason.

Why was Dylan banned today?

No answer is needed, just un-do the action, please.

Who's to blame for this? I'm unhappy about it.

JohnAskew

Ok, I found the nasties. For the love of fog, Dyl!

Unban DylanC now, ok? Please?

Just like me, he will have to learn to NOT post when he may want to.

Yes, I endured a ban here before too.

I was only 14 at the time, so I still hold the world's record, sorry Dylan. Ok, I was 45...

• Bas

I think it was either Charles or Sampy who once said that "banning is rarely permanent here on C9." I'm sure he'll be unbanned soon.

• JohnAskew

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

This may answer your question.

How do we tell if someones been banned :?

In my case, they contact you directly.

• jamie

why though?  we all helped "rate" his sites..offered links to toolbars..i helped him with 2 templates.. and he calls us "douche bags, lamers" bla bla

• Rossj

JohnAskew wrote:

Unban DylanC now, ok? Please?

Please don't.

Dylan C wrote:

Do you live in some shitty third world country?

With an attitude like that at 15, he should be spending more time at school - or at least away from a computer.

• Lloyd_Humph

Lets not derail this thread too, or more bannings could be coming along.

And please don't.

He deserves everything thats coming to him.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • JohnAskew

When I was banned for a day, I had deserved it, I would offer, whether I thought I did or not, whether the Admin did it by accident or not.

Since then, I've regressed upon occasion and been reminded of propriety by Charles, thankfully.

Today I've become quite good at limiting my opinions and reactions to less confrontational uglies. DylanC is today learning that lesson.

I would like to believe that Dylan, being a wise old 15 year old, will want to rejoin C9 to post a blanket apology and to continue to garner knowledge and entertainment from this resource like the rest of us.

A n00b's second chance?

Jamie:

DylanC wrote:
    15:00 dylanc430: Can you please do me a favor and post that I respect Jamie and none of my comments in that thread were directed towards him

• GoddersUK

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

Lets not derail this thread too, or more bannings could be coming along.

And please don't.

He deserves everything thats coming to him.

That link gives me a 403 Sad

• PaoloM

JohnAskew wrote:
    Jamie:
    DylanC wrote:
    15:00 dylanc430: Can you please do me a favor and post that I respect Jamie and none of my comments in that thread were directed towards him

So, it was not just a momentary lapse of judgment, but it was purposefully disrespectful of certain individuals?

Nice. Sad

• mig

In my opinion we should let this simmer for a few days and then I would have no problem with him coming back, he did keep the Coffeehouse active with (mostly) positive threads, and polls.

However, it should be made clear that behavior like that won't be tolerated a second time.  We can all make mistakes, the important thing is that we learn from them.

• Michael Griffiths

In my experience, 15-year olds need to have a few hard "jolts" before they wisen up. Temp banning is pretty good; though I don't know how well he'll take it when unbanned.

Depends on whether he blames himself or others.

PaoloM wrote:
    So, it was not just a momentary lapse of judgment, but it was purposefully disrespectful of certain individuals?

Nice.

haha. Nice point.

• GoddersUK

mig wrote:
    However, it should be made clear that behavior like that won't be tolerated a second time.  We can all make mistakes, the important thing is that we learn from them.

It should be a treated as a fresh start though...

We should not treat him differently because of it, nor should he attack any members of this community because of it.

• littleguru

Great to hear that there is a future for Channel9. I like that Smiley Btw. I never thought that Channel9 is dead, why should it?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.