Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Beer can chicken

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

Anybody ever tried making "beer can chicken"? It's where you open a can of beer and set a whole chicken down on top of it and put it in the oven. I'm curious if it is worth the effort.

Oh, and if anybody has any good beer cheese soup recipes, pass them along.

• User profile image
    Chadk

Cornelius Ellsonpeter wrote:
    Anybody ever tried making "beer can chicken"? It's where you open a can of beer and set a whole chicken down on top of it and put it in the oven. I'm curious if it is worth the effort.

Oh, and if anybody has any good beer cheese soup recipes, pass them along.

Well, my dad does the same, but he puts it on his weber grill.
    Its VERY tasty, i tell you!

• User profile image
    Flip

Had it for the first time two weekends ago, very nice!  The chicken is as juicy as you've heard/read/seen!  And no beer aftertaste either!  Maybe not good if you like beer, but I'm not a beer drinker, so I was worried about that, but nope, tastes like very good chicken! :>

• User profile image
    jamie

recipes that come quickly to mind (and use beer) are:

english Fish and chips batter

french onion soup (or red wine)

Hot dogs - boiled in beer, garlic and hot sauce

(and you can add cheese to most of above)

• User profile image
    Angus

jamie wrote:

english Fish and chips batter

So you mean that the delectable deep fried Mars bar, and deep fried salad (UK specialities) have beer in them? Tongue Out

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

What we need is a BBQ for all the niners. Heck, even the trolls could come, but they have to bring the beer and we'll bring the tinfoil hats. Tongue Out

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

Xaero_Vincent wrote:
    What we need is a BBQ for all the niners. Heck, even the trolls could come, but they have to bring the beer and we'll bring the tinfoil hats.
    That's actually a good idea. Sort of like a geek dinner or whatever...but in what country?!? I suppose you could have one in Canada, a couple in the U.S. and some over in Britain at the same time...and I dunno...IM in real time or something like that?

Perplexed

I just got a new Weber grill...I never thought about trying to cook a whole chicken on it (although I know people do it all the time). Maybe I should try the beer thing on it. With beer battered onion rings. And a can of beer in my hand. Hang on arteries! Here's comes the good stuff!

Speaking of deep fried things (candy bars...blech), I known people who have deep fried whole turkeys, and a few that have had them explode and start a fire.

Edit: wait, when you say "trolls" do you mean banned ones? What about the ones on the "soon to be banned" list? how about the "experimental" trolls? Or the "extremely opinionated yet not too technically deep" ones?

• User profile image
    BeLikeWater

Just remember don't try to do this in Microwave:)

• User profile image
    EwanHuzarmie

BeLikeWater wrote:
    Just remember don't try to do this in Microwave

But... look at the pretty lights... *ZAP* lol

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.