Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Good luck, Robert Scoble.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • Sathyaish Chakravarthy

It came as a bittersweet news. Wish you all the very best with PodTech.net. I am sure Microsoft, Channel9 and most of all, the readers have lost an invaluable gem.

Good luck!

• scobleizer

Thanks, really appreciate it, and I will still be hanging out on Channel 9, albeit as a normal 9-er now.

I wonder what kind of trouble I can get into now? Hmmm.

What should I do with my video camera on my last week here while my badge still works?

• Sathyaish Chakravarthy

I feel a bit sorrowful at accepting the idea that you aren't at Microsoft, I do not know why. The same thing I felt when Zoe left, but this time the loss is a lot more grave and the feeling intense. Call me an idiot but I thought you were Microsoft and that would never change, just as I though Marc McDonald was Microsoft, or Bill Hill was Microsoft or Eric Lippert, or Raymond Chen was Microsoft and that would be so forever. Many of your co-workers, I am sure, would bereave the loss of a warm-hearted friend. You said you had plans to visit India this year in June. How about it now?

I guess you found your Muse and it is the calling of your vocation. We are all very happy for you in that. I am sure you'd be very successful with whatever you pursue.

It is very comforting that you'd be around here.

I'd really be very happy to watch a couple of long interviews of yours, wherein you are interviewed by others, like another thread suggests.

scobleizer wrote:

What should I do with my video camera on my last week here while my badge still works?

You could start with getting some girlie videos around the campus? Wink

• jamie

[quote user="Sathyaish Chakravarthy"]
    I feel a bit sorrowful at accepting the idea that you aren't at Microsoft, I do not know why. 
    Call me an idiot but I thought you were Microsoft ...

[quote]

guess im an idiot too. I thought he was Microsoft too.... the NEW one.

• littleguru

I'd like to see a video interview with you.

• KevinB

scobleizer wrote:
    Thanks, really appreciate it, and I will still be hanging out on Channel 9, albeit as a normal 9-er now.

I can see it now, Scoble, ChrisA and Vistawillship having a flamewar about OS'es. (Scoble obviously supporting linux) and Charles having to step in and ban them all.

On a more serious note, all the best Robert, definitely helped to change my opinion of MS in a massive way. I would like to see a video of you as has been suggested, a video of you intervewing Bill Hill and a video of you interviewing Iain MacDonald (Spelling?) as they are the two most entertaining characters that have ever been on Channel9. But, that is probably a bit much to hope for in one week.

Anyway, all the best in your new job and don't forget to post here!

Kevin

EDIT: I thought about it so more and I would like to see somebody interview you, Iain (sp?) and Bill about how you think Channel9 has changed and whether what you and charles and the team have started is just the start, or this as open as MS is likely to get?

• Sathyaish Chakravarthy

And I just had a flash. How about filming a get together with some of the people you considered really close? Those people would tell us, each a piece or two about you, relate anecdotes, tell us about thier pet peeves with you, what they liked the most about you and stuff like that.

And those people do not necessarily have to be confined to your immediate coworkers. They must be from any team in Microsoft (or even outside if you will) who you consider as close friends.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.