Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

MSN SEARCH VS. GOOGLE SEARCH

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    DEEETER

Google now has alerts on blogs and news sites I guess it is still in beta...

What Do you think Google will do next ???

How far will they push MS??? There is talk of a google OS ???

• User profile image
    themaffeo

DEEETER wrote:
    There is talk of a google OS ???

Yea, i heard that rumor too.  A web based search engine is a far cry from a desktop os.

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

The talk of a Google OS isn't from Google. And it's not really even an "OS". It's a web-based suite of applications.

But, really, Google's stretching to get Email right. It'll be a while before they can position themselves as an "anything but search" company.

It might happen, but it won't be a quick transition.

When Microsoft was becoming the foundational company they had a good base to work off of: the OS.

But to go from search to the main OS people use and providing applications for it is a stretch. Again, not impossible, but not really anything likely to happen in the next 5 years or so.

• User profile image
    eagle

It's not just Microsoft vs Google, it's everybody...

“In addition to Microsoft and Yahoo, we face competition from other web search providers, including company ies that are not yet known to us”.

• User profile image
    DEEETER

So It really comes back to the old is it time for or is the a market ready  for a thin client???

I know I wouoldn't want one. But there could be a google or msn thin client market out there..???

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.