Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Scoble on News night

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • LindaH

News night has just finished a piece on Uncle Bill's announcement, the start was a very negative view, followed by a curt summary of Bill's charity work 

and then a live converstation "from seattle" Robert Scoble , Strategist Microsoft.

The news night view started as a solid knock that Microsoft has stifled innovation. Robert fought solidly. I got the feeling Irwin Stetler (sp?) wanted to be negative, to paint the critical picture, but Scoble wouldn't let him, he focused on the positive.

Well done Scoble

Linda

• littleguru

Why is everybody always seeing all changes negative? Sometimes changes are good. We don't know what comes next, but it creates space for new opportunities.

• scobleizer

I think the changes are positive too. Oh, and the stock price is going up again.

• Ian2006

littleguru wrote:
    Why is everybody always seeing all changes negative? Sometimes changes are good. We don't know what comes next, but it creates space for new opportunities.

I think people see"everything" sometimes negative, because humans adopt very easy and get used to their habbits.

Also, all the best to you, Scoble! Good luck with everything!

• W3bbo

LindaH wrote:
    News night has just finished a piece on Uncle Bill's announcement, the start was a very negative view, followed by a curt summary of Bill's charity work 

and then a live converstation "from seattle" Robert Scoble , Strategist Microsoft.

The news night view started as a solid knock that Microsoft has stifled innovation. Robert fought solidly. I got the feeling Irwin Stetler (sp?) wanted to be negative, to paint the critical picture, but Scoble wouldn't let him, he focused on the positive.

Well done Scoble

Linda

I'm downloading the stream to disk right now, I'll upload the snippet of Scoble if he's in there.

• Cider

Ian2006 wrote:

littleguru wrote: Why is everybody always seeing all changes negative? Sometimes changes are good. We don't know what comes next, but it creates space for new opportunities.

I think people see"everything" sometimes negative, because humans adopt very easy and get used to their habits.!

No, its not really that.  Its just the basics of TV News debating.  You have one pro- and one anti- viewpoint, giving the viewer both sides of the debate.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.