Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

XP SP2 and Asp.Net

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    VBJB

Yesterday, I took the plunge and upgraded my dev machine to SP2. Previously, I shared some internal aspx pages with members of our company and now of course after the upgrade I no longer can. Can anyone point me to some documentation on what I need to do to get others on our network to hook back up to my computer so they can view these pages again?

Thanks,

-VBJB

• User profile image
    eagle

Control Panel/Security Center/Manage Security settings for: Windows Firewall/Exceptions: tic File and Printer Sharing

• User profile image
    VBJB

I have that exception checked, but I still get an error:

HTTP 401.1 - Unauthorized: Logon Failed Internet Information Services

If I select "Integrated Windows Authentication" in "Directory Security" for this website I can see the site on my dev machine. However, other users on my network cannot. It asked for a username and password. If I deselect "Integrated Windows Authentication" it is a no-go for members on the network. I get the above error.

• User profile image
    VBJB

Nevermind thanks for your help. Sometimes I need to here myself talk in order to resolve a problem. In directory security the user was no longer valid, because I removed him shortly after the upgrade. I put in a valid user and *BAM* everyone is online again.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Check the NTFS permissions on the directory your site is in, make sure the "Internet Guest Account" (IUSR_<computername>) has at least Read rights.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.