Coffeehouse Thread

20 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Sun is shining. I'm studying. Who else?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

The sun is shining and people are on vacation, swimming or lying in the sun. I'm learning and trying to figure out logic terms and definitions. And I'm sweating... It's terribly hot.

Who else is learning/working? I need some cheering up!!

• User profile image
    Manip

I'm coding... But I don't have to be... Manip don't like the sun... Manip like the rain Big Smile

• User profile image
    Angus

The majority of all the major compulsory exams in the UK are over now.

Manip wrote:
    I'm coding... But I don't have to be... Manip don't like the sun... Manip like the rain

Yeah, I like the rain, snow, and storms better than the sun. This hot weather is horrible, I don't want to have a fan on all day in my room, it is too noisy.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    littleguru

Lucky you. I have the last one on 4th July. I hope I can still learn until then. My girlfriend is already nearby the Danube and I'm sitting in the room and learning...

Btw. I think that a lot profs are sadists. So much formal stuff for easy things...

• User profile image
    Ian2006

Yeah, me the same - learning, coding, doing another website and browsing C9.

• User profile image
    irascian

Me too. Not making much progress to be honest. Got a certification exam booked for June 30th and need to knuckle down, especially as the online booking system won't let me reschedule it for a month later when I might be ready.

No fun in this weather!

• User profile image
    littleguru

I couldn't sleep well this night. It had like 25 ° Celcius until 2 AM this morning... (at least in my room). I had the windows open, but immediately after closing them the temperature raised again.

It is so hot here.

• User profile image
    Andrei P

Why no AC?

• User profile image
    BenZilla

I just finished Big Smile

Roll on uni!

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

I'm learning/coding, my last exam is on 1 july.

• User profile image
    jamie

200 buttons for a web site hosting app.

aiming to be done by 5 for a bbq

MSN weather wrote:

"Toronto

Mostly Cloudy
    88°F

Feels like: 91°F"

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

I just signed up for one of our local colleges....I think the "I know this" path has ended and now I'm required to have some paper to back it up now.

EDIT: Can we please not talk about the heat...

weather

• User profile image
    Scott Bryen

Could have gone out today in this lovely weather but no, had to hit the books for me law exams tomorrow Sad

Scott B.

• User profile image
    martin_lovi​ck

sun is shining and im sitting round the BBQ sipping a cool bud
    graduated university about 5 years ago now

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

Manip wrote:
    I'm coding... But I don't have to be... Manip don't like the sun... Manip like the rain

But I thought only mad dogs and Englishmen went out in the midday sun?

• User profile image
    cheong

littleguru wrote:
    I couldn't sleep well this night. It had like 25 ° Celcius until 2 AM this morning... (at least in my room). I had the windows open, but immediately after closing them the temperature raised again.

It is so hot here.

I feel it's not that hot...

You know, I live in a place which has average temperature like that,  and our government agencies recommands A/C set to 25°C...

I'll say it's hot when temperature goes 29°C or above... Tongue Out

Btw, my home have no A/C... just imagine my PC's CPU fan screaming when I turn on it... Wink

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

I bought a mobile AC.
    It works very well, is relatively cheap ($249) and doesn't require installation. Just put the hot-air outlet through a window.

Aahhh, that cold breeze... I wonder how I could ever cope without one.

• User profile image
    jamie

I got a Mac Mini AC
    its the size of a cd - it cools the whole house - and its cool.
    ;P

*ps kidding  mac!...ikkk  no!  ouch!

(k'emon ray... we're close to da edge... we're try-in not to lose our - heads) ( a-he-ha-ha-he)

edit:  "its like a jungle sometimes... - .. i wonder how we keep from goin under..."  GMF

*yes its hot here

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.