Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

2012 Wish list for Microsoft : King of software

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Dovella

Microsoft is a King of software , and pls in q1 fix this!

Facebook for WP7, now is old, not work fine. FIX and innovate this APP. (iimpossible Tag , impossible Mention , slow , no time line)

Twitter for wp7 now is old, and not work fine , identitymine  are working too slowly and fail to keep pace,  ilove identitymine dev. but this is mega #FAIL !

Skype , Microsoft buy Skype for 8 Bilion

Dovellonsky fired all Skype employe because skype is avaiable for Android iOS and where is Wp7 App. ? Not wait Apollo for Built in.

Photosynth , Hey Blaise , you promise Photo when Mango is released, where is Photosynt ? 

--------------

Release  Q1/Q2

Windows 8 Beta  for X86, and RTM for ARM ,

Inroduce NEW XBOX, with Windows 8 kernel ( App. in WIn RT for Xbox, Windows, and Wp8 ) .

DESTROY ANDROID AND IOS, NOW OR NEVER!!!

You re the Developers King YES OR NOT? YES OR NOT? Who is Google? Who is Apple? YOU RE MICROSOFT!!!

Happy NEW YEAR

• User profile image
    spivonious

@Dovella: I would say to not focus on a Facebook app and instead integrate more of the new features into the People hub. Same with Twitter.

Skype on WP7 is worthless without a front-facing camera (only Nokia has one, IIRC). I think we'll see more Skype integration with Windows 8 and WP8, or when more devices contain a front-facing camera.

Photosynth would rock. It should be integrated into Pictures and Bing.

I don't think we'll hear anything about a new Xbox in the first half of 2012. Xbox 360 sold record numbers for the holidays and announcing a new machine would make a lot of consumers upset (unless the new box includes 100% backwards compatibility).

• User profile image
    Dovella

@spivonious:

For integrate more of the new features into the People hub , you Wait Apollo. I want nice app. NOW.

Skype can work without frontal camera (ps. Samsung W have a frontal camera) .

• User profile image
    magicalclick

WP7 cannot add people on Facebook using either People hub or FB app. FB app can search not yet added friends, but, the result is always limited to top20 or something, and the friend I want to add is never insight. It is embarrassing when I failed to add them as my friend on my phone. Now, I stay with IE+FB.

As for Microsoft? Just so you know I read your post and I am glad you still have positive reaction to MS (you still have hope). As for me, I don't want to feel anything anymore, both to this forum and MS.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Dovella

@magicalclick:

i link this thread to all MS worker via twitter

• User profile image
    PeterF

Well, fix Roaming and Maps. When roaming and setting allow roaming, the maps app will not allow you to calculate a route, prompting with an error message that you didn't enable roaming...

EDIT: After a restart it worked fine again

• User profile image
    cbae

, spivonious wrote

@Dovella: I would say to not focus on a Facebook app and instead integrate more of the new features into the People hub. Same with Twitter.

Skype on WP7 is worthless without a front-facing camera (only Nokia has one, IIRC). I think we'll see more Skype integration with Windows 8 and WP8, or when more devices contain a front-facing camera.

*snip*

Actually, neither of the two WP devices that Nokia has released has a FFC. However, the flagship model for the US, the Nokia Ace, is rumored to have both LTE 4G support and a FFC and is supposedly going to be announced at CES and released March 18th.

However, there are at least 4 currently-available devices that already do have FFCs: Samsung Focus S, Samsung Focus, HTC Titan, and HTC Radar. The one app that I know of that can leverage the FFC right now is Tango.

• User profile image
    BitFlipper

, cbae wrote

*snip*

However, there are at least 4 currently-available devices that already do have FFCs: Samsung Focus S, Samsung Focus, HTC Titan, and HTC Radar. The one app that I know of that can leverage the FFC right now is Tango.

The Samsung Focus definititely does not have a FFC.

• User profile image
    Ray7

, Dovella wrote

Facebook for WP7, now is old, not work fine. FIX and innovate this APP. (iimpossible Tag , impossible Mention , slow , no time line)

Twitter for wp7 now is old, and not work fine , identitymine  are working too slowly and fail to keep pace,  ilove identitymine dev. but this is mega #FAIL ! 

I agree completely. All the elements appear to be there, but the speed makes both apps a real pain to use.

But I don't think MS wrote these apps, so perhaps the question is: Why don't Facebook and Twitter think that WP7 warrants the same level of support as IOS and Android?

If/when WP7 gains a significant share then you will see more high-profile companies devoting resources to it.

At the moment Facebook and Twitter on WP7 are cruddy because, relatively speaking, it doesn't really affect that many people.

DESTROY ANDROID AND IOS, NOW OR NEVER!!!

Well, I'm not sure they'll want to do that. They now have apps running on iOS which gives them the potential to make money from it in the future, and they certainly won't want to kill Android because it's possible that it makes them more money than WP7.

, magicalclick wrote

As for Microsoft? Just so you know I read your post and I am glad you still have positive reaction to MS (you still have hope). As for me, I don't want to feel anything anymore, both to this forum and MS.

Strangely enough, my favourite WP7 feature is the rock-solid internet sharing; it means I can use Facebook, Safari and Twitter on my iPod Touch when I'm away from a WiFI zone.

• User profile image
    Ray7

No one in this forum is going to click on a URL containing the words 'long' and 'tool'.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.