Coffeehouse Thread

26 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Dear Ozzie...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

Welcome to Channel 9.  Welcome to being CSA!

Our last CSA... as great as he was -  didnt post very much.  Let's hope you do better. Wink

Couple of small things the old CSA left behind:

1.  Please fix this.  ( you know... that it once worked perfect - till MSN marketers got their hands on it - so every URL you type wrong you now have to copy and paste - where as for about a month or two before it actually asked you what you meant - and put what you typed in a new search input box?  Thanks Smiley  and....

2.  Where is Channel 9?  You know how recently a few people left that used to promote C9 - well they are gone - so let's find out How to Find Channel 9:

first - go to msdn.microsoft.com

then:

....and then  /  or then ( if you missed it)  Click " Community" link

..and you can "talk" to channel 9?

well the doctor is in - and ummm it's you  Smiley

Please fix all this and i look forward to the universal clipboard

edit:

"...So if you could just go ahead and do that... hmmm ya..ok..."

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Dear Ozzie,
           Don't F this up.

Respectfully,
     Cybermagellan

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Dear Ozzie,

Hire jamie as an artist for Windows OS'es.Smiley

Respectfully,

LaBomba

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Dear Ozzie
        Start blogging
    Respectfully

• User profile image
    jamie

rjdohnert wrote:
    Dear Ozzie
        Start blogging
    Respectfully

he does... here: 
    http://rayozzie.spaces.msn.com/PersonalSpace.aspx

..hey it's a "start"   (oh yeah that branding was killed ;p )

respectfully
    j

edit: ps ray:  I know you cant fix every item thrown your way by users across the globe - but wouldnt it be fun to a) fix the worlds copy/paste/mis-spellings?  and b) throw the c9 brand dude out big on msdn?

tiny things...  big to some Smiley

• User profile image
    Rotem Kirshenbaum

Dear Ozzie:

Listen to developers.
    Open a C9 account.
    Have fun.

Rotem

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Dear Ray Ozzie,

Please remove Activation and Genuine advantage from all Microsoft products as it causes more harm for legitimate users than for pirates. Also consider lowering prices of Windows and Office and I garantee you that sales will go sky high.

Sincerely,
    ZippyV

• User profile image
    die-Sel

Dear Ozzie...

Do more for UK/European developers.

diesel

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Minh

blatzcoder wrote:

Please tell the end users here that this is PR/Marketing/Advertising Site and nothing more...

Does that mean you won't be uploading those awesome apps to the sandbox after all? Color me shocked.

• User profile image
    Minh

blatzcoder wrote:
    Minh wrote:
    blatzcoder wrote:
    Please tell the end users here that this is PR/Marketing/Advertising Site and nothing more...

Does that mean you won't be uploading those awesome apps to the sandbox after all? Color me shocked.
    You along with the regular group of loyal posters (Jamie, Manip, W3bbo, Cybermagellan, and a couple others) have done wonders this past week with this site.

Not.

Without alternate opinions on this board, this site sort of tanks.  Routinely. This past week has been a great example of completely flat discussions. Although, I do have to say your devotion to this place is rather scary.

Is that your long-winded way of saying "no" ?

• User profile image
    Tensor

Lucky you are here to save us.

Why was it you were here again?

• User profile image
    Rotem Kirshenbaum

This is a PR site.
    People talk to other people here because they have something in common.

Rotem

• User profile image
    Tensor

blatzcoder wrote:

Tensor wrote: 

That was my point. Why exactly are you here? It's not like Microsoft gives a rip about you. When you bring up difficult topics like whether this is a PR site or not, the people who run this site dodge the questions or run and hide.

So much for conversations.

Why the heck would anybody want to talk to their friends on a PR site all day long?

Odd - that wasnt my point.

If spending all your time here is pointless, isnt spending all your time here telling people not to spend all there time here the kind of monsterous meta-pointlessness that destroys minds?

• User profile image
    Tensor

blatzcoder wrote:

Tensor wrote: 
    blatzcoder wrote: 
    Tensor wrote: 

That was my point. Why exactly are you here? It's not like Microsoft gives a rip about you. When you bring up difficult topics like whether this is a PR site or not, the people who run this site dodge the questions or run and hide.

Why the heck would anybody want to talk to their friends on a PR site all day long?

If spending all your time here is pointless, isnt spending all your time here telling people not to spend all there time here the kind of monsterous meta-pointlessness that destroys minds?

I'm just trying to figure out why you'd want to talk on a site that was founded on what amounts to be a lie. Most people don't do that.

True. Less people sped time on those sites telling people not to be on those sites though.

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

blatzcoder wrote:

Tensor wrote: 
    blatzcoder wrote: 
    Tensor wrote: 
    blatzcoder wrote: 
    Tensor wrote: 

I'm just trying to figure out why you'd want to talk on a site that was founded on what amounts to be a lie. Most people don't do that.

True. Less people sped time on those sites telling people not to be on those sites though.
    I'm doing it as a public service.

I'm not charging you for it either!

And, we're getting what we paid for it.

Please bugger off.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Dear Ozzie,
         Please deploy the sentinels to canada...kthnx bye

-Cyber

• User profile image
    rozzie

Thanks for the welcome.

FYI, I love C9 because without it I'd never have been able to ramp up so quickly over the past year.  Such a great way of meeting people who care about their work.

Jamie/rjdohnert - I'd like to blog more frequently, but time management is a big issue for me - particularly in this new role.  It's a great medium...

• User profile image
    blowdart

Cybermagellan wrote:
    Dear Ozzie,
         Please deploy the sentinels to canada...kthnx bye

-Cyber

Having spent Sunday watching all the terminator films that has scary connotations

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.