Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

The WISE Choice

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • rjdohnert

Hey guys, yesterday I had a presentation to do for a company that was looking to upgrade their technology, they were running on Windows NT Server 4, Windows NT 4 WS, Windows 95, OS/2 .  Red Hat had already done theirs and were sitting there talking about LAMP.  So when I prepared mine I came up with the WISE choice

W = Windows Server 2003
    I = IIS
    S = SQL Server 2000
    E = Exchange

I think we got it but I find out for certain next week.  I touted .NET and someof the other initiatives and even did a presentation of Longhorn so they could see what was coming up.  It was a good meeting and I feel very positive.  There have ben some that I know I lost out to Novell or Red Hat just by the way people were acting but this one I nailed it.

Anyway, a little cutesy marketing tool someone else could use.

• JDanielSmith

WISE has a long history at Microsoft; at one time it stood for "Windows Interface Source Environment", although I don't think you'll find that on a .microsoft.com website anymore.  See http://hyper.sunjapan.com.cn/~hz/win32/wise.htm

• Jazzynupe

WISE, I like the sound of that. It probably won't be used. It is your intellectual property now.. Smiley

But if you have not TM or C yet they could use it for free.

Just an idea...

• rjdohnert

Jazzynupe wrote:
    WISE, I like the sound of that. It probably won't be used. It is your intellectual property now.. Smiley

But if you have not TM or C yet they could use it for free.

Just an idea...

Im not going to TM it or (C) it.  Anyone can use it.  Consider it a freebie Smiley

• Tom Malone

you will of course be competting with wamp

• Keskos

Tom Malone wrote:
    you will of course be competting with wamp

He is actually competing with

WISP

WIMP

WIME

WASP

WAMP

WAME

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.