Coffeehouse Thread

65 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

How many people on here are pro developers?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    arunpv

Developer/Tech lead on a Full-time basis....

Working on C#/ASP.NET SQL 2k and SQL2k5..Big Smile

• User profile image
    Tensor

leeappdalecom wrote:

Tensor wrote: "professional" just turned contractor after many years as a permie.

same here, just started my company up too, I hope i'm never a permie again!

Just stared mine up as well, though have not payed myself through it yet. Hoping to come up with a better name for the company but all the good ones I think of seem to be taken Perplexed

Longer term plan would be be to come up with some software or other and take over the world. Or somthing.

• User profile image
    BenZilla

I do not currently have the skills to pay the bills.

• User profile image
    JeremyJ

I have been programming professionally for the last 10 (going on 11) years.  I have done contract work in the past but now I am permanent.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

BenZilla wrote:
    I do not currently have the skills to pay the bills.

That rhymes a bit:

Leet Hacka Rappa - Ain't got the skillz!

"I ain't got the skillz!
    Gotta pay the basement bills!
    This ain't no fraggin' killz skillz, no
    It's about getting a job, yo!

But in an office job: no thrills!
    Whack my coffee mug, it spills!
    I just want a job, no frills.

I ain't got the skillz!
    Gotta pay the basement bills!
    This ain't no fraggin' killz skillz, no
    It's about getting a job, yo!

Can't change the past,
    Gotta make me last,
    My parents gonna make me an outcast!"

Done in 3 minutes.

I should write more of these and join the likes of MC Hawking.

• User profile image
    Ang3lFir3

Red5 wrote:
    A student of Life.
    I try to make ends meet as a developer.

QFT

• User profile image
    Minh

I'd just recently started working for the man again.

• User profile image
    Lee_Dale

Tensor wrote:

leeappdalecom wrote:
    Tensor wrote: "professional" just turned contractor after many years as a permie.

same here, just started my company up too, I hope i'm never a permie again!

Just stared mine up as well, though have not payed myself through it yet. Hoping to come up with a better name for the company but all the good ones I think of seem to be taken

Longer term plan would be be to come up with some software or other and take over the world. Or somthing.

Yes it took me days and days to find a name everything i thought of was taken or no domains available etc etc, I even got a mate of mine who works for a media company to come up with some but they wernt any good either, so in the end I just went with 'A Thousand Threads Ltd' it's just too hard to find a perfect name Perplexed

• User profile image
    out180

14 years - Developer, Project Manager, CIO spreading across private sector, federal government and military.  I'm back in the private sector now doing a mix of all three roles at the moment.  I can probably add author to that since I'm 65% finished with my first book. Perplexed

• User profile image
    Detroit Muscle

I'm considered an engineer, not a developer. I am employed full time, and am pursuing my MS part time.

• User profile image
    Larsenal

Full-time dev

• User profile image
    dahat

I too am a full time developer. In my case for 3 years and have spent it building software for both embedded and desktop digital television systems.

• User profile image
    zhuo

Trained as a Telecom engineer, worked professionally as a developer for the last 3 years using mainly microsoft technologies on web, desktop, hardware level communications etc.

Quit perm work and worked as a contractor for the last 6 months. Turned down a fulltime position and stopped work for about 1.5 months to think about what i want to do in life.

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

Im a student going on my second year of college this fall. I occassionally develop in Euphoria and BASIC but lately have been learning about Unix-based operating systems. I'm currently using FreeBSD 6.1 on my desktop and learning about Unix commands and BASH scripting.

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    arunpv

I think we need  a poll here to see
    how many types of people browse/read in C9:D

1. Developers
    2. Students
    3.Non-technical

Any comments?

• User profile image
    arunpv
  • User profile image
    System

Student starting 3rd year in September.

• User profile image
    AdityaG

3rd year at University next year... Hobbyist programmer ftw!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.