Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

What in your wall?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Beetlejuice

• User profile image
    jb43081

Mine is covered with a data model the business analyst did for the project we are currently doing requirements on.

Ten points to the person who first identifies what two things about that previous statement are keeping me up at night, pulling my hair out in frustration and anger. Mad

• User profile image
    Flip

Two things?  Why did get get the data model before the requirements were gathered?  And why is it sooooo big you need to put it on the way instead of online?

I think the first one's right, just taking a stab in the dark about the second one. :>

• User profile image
    arunpv

I have a NEED for SPEED 2 wallpaper side by side with Business Objects for VS.NET and bunch of notes, design models and ASCII chart for my hardware program..Big Smile

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

Flip wrote:

Two things?  Why did get get the data model before the requirements were gathered?  And why is it sooooo big you need to put it on the way instead of online?

I think the first one's right, just taking a stab in the dark about the second one. :>

I assume the second thing is that the business analyst is doing the data model and he's doing the requirements, rather than the other way around.

• User profile image
    jb43081

Yggdrasil wrote:

Flip wrote: 

I assume the second thing is that the business analyst is doing the data model and he's doing the requirements, rather than the other way around.

Close enough, you guys can split the points.

1) The business analyist is doing the data model. That is CLEARLY a design deliverable, and the pervue of the Architect, which would be me.

2) It is WAY too early to be building a data model. A data model is NOT a requirements document. It is usually the last design deliverable created (the way I do it at least)

I've tried reasoning, barganing, threatening... nothing works. He's very passive-aggresive. I've spoken to the PM, and since the BA is leaving at the end of the month, our strategy is to just let him spin his wheels, then do it the right way. Maybe we use his, maybe we don't.

This is why a good PM who understands development and how to let their people do their jobs is worth their weight in gold.

Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack the thread. Once the BA is gone, I'll be putting some useful design documents up. [A]

• User profile image
    amd_duron

Well, insulation is IN my wall. Thank you for asking!  

• User profile image
    zhuo

Zoom in on my door and you get

"Everybody wants to be like Mike", I want to be like Bill.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.