Coffeehouse Thread

172 posts

Bush - 2004 Elections

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Manip

Looks like he has won again.

Sometimes I just want to yell out - 'How can you all be so thick?!' and then go into 'Trick me once then fool you, trick me twice then fool me'.

The guy won the first election unfairly and then lied to the entire country throwing it into a war. It is clear now that they wanted the war and were looking for a reason (any reason), but isn't it supposed to be you have first have a reason and then you go to war?

I know that war wasn't about WMD because they had to struggle to find any evidence that after the first gulf war that he had be getting any WMD.

So you have to ask, what was it *actually* about?

I also think that Bush has shown he is completely corrupt. I mean go do some investigation on who got all the good contracts in Iraq. You can actually track the dollar amount that the war in Iraq made for him and his family.

If you ask me, this guy should be in jail or at least thrown out of office. No way should he be running and no way should he be winning.

I am not a John Kerry fan but any alternative...

• User profile image
    tbeckner

Manip wrote:

Looks like he has won again.

What makes you believe that?

I wouldn't count on anything at this point!

You have noticed that he will not debate anyone, haven't you?

• User profile image
    lars

Money talks and bullshit walks. I just hope that maniac doesn't get us all killed with his "useful nuclear weapons".

Russell Beattie wrote an excellent post on his blog the other day:
    Republicans Suck 2004

• User profile image
    jlowgren

lars wrote:
    Money talks and bullshit walks.

• User profile image
    Manip

Before anyone asks why someone from England cares about the US presidential elections -

Imagine a kid across the road playing with an automatic-rifle.. of course you want to see someone more responsible holding that thing.. and THAT is why I care.

I don't care WHO is in charge just as long as they aren't as bad as this guy and really I can't see how they could be.

If it was up to me both Blair and Bush would be in jail right next to Saddam for exactly the same crimes.

I have watched a few elections and because of the way Kerry is playing it (he sucks!) and the way Bush is I think it is going to Bush. The only thing that would let Kerry win is if something else happened .. like Bush gets into a scandal or US takes huge losses in Iraq etc. Nothing Kerry can do now will set it so he can win.

• User profile image
    LazyCoder

This thread should die a violent and painful public death.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Did you know Bill Gates sponsored the Bush campaign?

I saw it on Neowin some time ago. There was a website tracking every donation to the Bush or Kerry campaign.

IMO, every person who votes for Bush shows that (s)he is not more intelligent than Bush himself.

• User profile image
    Keskos

ZippyV wrote:
    Did you know Bill Gates sponsored the Bush campaign?

I saw it on Neowin some time ago. There was a website tracking every donation to the Bush or Kerry campaign.

IMO, every person who votes for Bush shows that (s)he is not more intelligent than Bush himself.

Some companies support both parties, they donate money to both of the parties, you should check out how much money they have donated. This kind of thinking is the same reason why people go with Bush, because they don't question what they read or hear on the news.

• User profile image
    Manip

LazyCoder wrote:
    This thread should die a violent and painful public death.

Why should it?

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

Manip wrote:
    LazyCoder wrote:This thread should die a violent and painful public death.

Why should it?

Liberals have a strong tendency to make malicious remarks, which have no place in discussions or politics.

• User profile image
    warren

Shining Arcanine wrote:
    Liberals have a strong tendency to make malicious remarks, which have no place in discussions or politics.

Conversely, Conservatives try their hardest to stifle discussion and debate, especially about the issues that affect regular, every-day people, because they know most of their arguments will fall apart given enough scrutiny.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I think it's only appropriate to quote a great piece of word-play from the Dutch comedian Freek de Jonge:
    "Most people make generalisations."

• User profile image
    Kaelan

warren wrote:
    Conversely, Conservatives try their hardest to stifle discussion and debate, especially about the issues that affect regular, every-day people, because they know most of their arguments will fall apart given enough scrutiny.

Yeah, like how we threaten to sue television stations to get political ads off the air!

... oops, that's the Democrats.

Was it us trying to kick Ralph Nader out of the election?

No, wait, that was the Democrats too.

lars wrote:
    Money talks and bullshit walks.

What a coincidence. John Kerry is one of the richest presidential candidates ever, and he's also a confessed war criminal and habitual liar.

I'm glad I have such excellent choices in the election this year.

• User profile image
    Manip

Just a point on that.. Other than sticking to the general guidelines (no nudity, violence before 8/9pm) it is not TV stations responsibility to be judge and jury.

I mean, I have not seen the ads in question but think it is wrong for you to sue TV stations to take them off the air. If you think they are wrong or whatever then sue the person/group that made it. You could then get an order forcing the ads off the air.

I don't think anyone would like it if TV stations started being very selective about what they choose to show.

Kaelan wrote:
    ... and habitual liar.

Prove it.

• User profile image
    Kaelan
  • User profile image
    Manip

One alleged lie (withholding judgement) does not make lying a habit for him. You would have to show a pattern of lying in order to call him a habitual liar.

PS If true it would mean in this respect they are equal.

• User profile image
    LazyCoder

Manip wrote:

Why should it?

Because nothing will come from having this discussion on this board except name calling and people calling entire groups of people stupid and ignorant.

The OSS threads end up the same way, but at least they are related to Microsoft technology.

This is the Coffeehouse and anything goes, so flame away.

• User profile image
    Kaelan

Manip wrote:
    One alleged lie (withholding judgement) does not make lying a habit for him. You would have to show a pattern of lying in order to call him a habitual liar.

PS If true it would mean in this respect they are equal.

Those are five examples of dishonesty or outright lying by John Kerry, not one. That, and his Senate Testimony is disgusting all by itself. Have you even read it? He admits to being a war criminal!

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.