Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Firefox to overtake IE by December

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

of the users on The Humor Archives

"and so it seems that not only has the percentage of Firefox users been increasing for the last 2.5 year but the rate of increase in the percentage of users has also been increasing. However I wanted to get a worse case senerio of when Firefox would overtake Microsoft Internet Explorer."

• User profile image
    Manip

Perhaps on that single site, but on the Internet as a whole it won't happen... At least not by December this year.

• User profile image
    Angus

I'm using Mozilla Firefox simply because I want tabs, and I really don't like Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

They must have moved their line chart orientation from horizontal to portrait mode without notifying the author.

• User profile image
    koorb

I have it as a second browser, but it crashes far too much to be my primary. Ok for people like my mum though.

EDIT: Yes I am being inflammatory because it sucks. Flame away I don't care.

• User profile image
    RobA

ROFL - Roll Over With Fits of Laughter on graph joke [C]

IE7 tabs aren't quite as nice as the MSN Toolbar add in for XP, but it seems more stable under XP. IE7 under Vista is marginally less stable, but has the sandbox come code firewall embedded - Protected Mode

I think in a few months it will have the edge with a couple of cosmetic changes - maybe skins and a search highlighting etc.

Rob Atkinson
    Kilkenny, Ireland

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

Firefox and IE 7+ might be techinically rivaled but IE has 84% of the marketshare while Firefox has 10%. Companies really cannot compete with Microsoft on anything when OEMs are involved.

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    cheong

I use Firefox as my primary browser because it helps when learning tricks other website is using (with DOM inspector and JSView plugin).

I use IE only when running WindowsUpdate and debugging my ASP.NET application.

Honestly speaking I don't know why the number of useful plugin in Firefox would out-numbered IE that much. (In IE, all the BHOs are arguably falling in one or two types only - toolbar for adblocking and searching, then downloaders) Most developers should have been more familiar for IE right? But seems most who do have skills on developing IE pluggins are most interested in kidnapping IE preferences...

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    DoomBringer

cheong wrote:
    I use Firefox as my primary browser because it helps when learning tricks other website is using (with DOM inspector and JSView plugin).

I use IE only when running WindowsUpdate and debugging my ASP.NET application.

Honestly speaking I don't know why the number of useful plugin in Firefox would out-numbered IE that much. (In IE, all the BHOs are arguably falling in one or two types only - toolbar for adblocking and searching, then downloaders) Most developers should have been more familiar for IE right? But seems most who do have skills on developing IE pluggins are most interested in kidnapping IE preferences...

There are tons of IE plugins, but they're not all that widespread or talked about much. 

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.