Coffeehouse Thread

22 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

200 England fans arrested

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    eagle

We had over 150,000 people attend three Baseball games in the Bronx this weekend and nobody got into a fight.

• User profile image
    cain

eagle wrote:
    We had over 150,000 people attend three Baseball games in the Bronx this weekend and nobody got into a fight.
    They had probably all fallen asleep from boredom...

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

eagle wrote:

When I went to Ozzfest 2000 Americans were throwing Beer bottles into the crowd (with people they didn't know). During WWII we kept Japanese people in Internment camps, and during the civil rights movemet we hosed down Blacks outside a school....

There are times to start your argument eagle....for you it should be when you loose your voice.

• User profile image
    Badgerguy

eagle wrote:
    I find it a disgrace that the England fans have let down their country again. Every time they go to a major tournament they are involved in violence. I know the old cliche ' Its only a very small minority' and ' we were provoked by locals/police/rival fans' but surely the blame must lie with the England fans as the trouble always seems to crop up where ever they are
    Paul , Edinburgh

Reply from the BBC's site.

Couldn't agree more - they have totally humiliated us England types - again.

Leaving aside the fact that I'm not particularly interested in football - I of course totally distance myself from these hooligans and want to make it clear that they are NOT a representative example of the way English people behave in general.

Eagle; forgive me if I skew off at a tangent here, but this is an example of what happens when overly patriotic people go over-the-top.  In this case, it's been fueled by alcohol, but there are plenty of other examples from other countries where this has happened, and still happens, fueled by other means - we all know what happens when people in a position of power are those providing that 'example'.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.