Coffeehouse Thread

20 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Idea for anyone in the Soda or Prize Industry

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    defstream

Implement a system where you can text message the code on the bottom of the cap or inside a badge and see if you win that way the User will not have to wait to get a computer. Sure you won't be able to get all that valuable information you would when they would register normally, but gee golly it would be  convenient.

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

defstream wrote:
    gee golly it would be  convenient.

There's your flaw right there!Tongue Out

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

Uh... hi, guys.  I didn't just double-post. Cool

• User profile image
    AndyC

defstream wrote:
    Implement a system where you can text message the code on the bottom of the cap

You don't have this already? Pretty much every soda promotion here in the UK involves texting a code in these days.

• User profile image
    out180

defstream wrote:
    Implement a system where you can text message the code on the bottom of the cap or inside a badge and see if you win that way the User will not have to wait to get a computer. Sure you won't be able to get all that valuable information you would when they would register normally, but gee golly it would be  convenient.

Then they couldn't target ads and suggestive sell you crap.  If they are giving away a trip to <insert location> courtesy of Orbitz.com or something part of the argeement with Orbitz to help sponsor the prize is all that advertising they can put in front of you by having to go to the contest site and enter your code.  In the end it is all about the company and sponsor and nothing about you.  Just my opinion.

• User profile image
    Manip

AndyC wrote:

defstream wrote: Implement a system where you can text message the code on the bottom of the cap

You don't have this already? Pretty much every soda promotion here in the UK involves texting a code in these days.

Which is nuts... Who would pay to enter a competition they have almost no chance of winning? Oh wait, I forgot, the national lottery... Tongue Out

• User profile image
    W3bbo

AndyC wrote:

defstream wrote:Implement a system where you can text message the code on the bottom of the cap

Not forgetting the revenues from the txt system anyway.

But I'm not one for Coca-Cola or Pepsi branded crap.

• User profile image
    Manip

W3bbo wrote:
    Not forgetting the revenues from the txt system anyway.

<Puts on his Coka Cola cap> <Moves mouse over Coka Cola mouse-mat> I love it Smiley

• User profile image
    Angus

Manip wrote:

W3bbo wrote: Not forgetting the revenues from the txt system anyway.

<Puts on his Coka Cola cap> <Moves mouse over Coka Cola mouse-mat> I love it

Me too, what beats a good Coca Cola?

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Manip

Angus wrote:

Manip wrote: 
    W3bbo wrote: Not forgetting the revenues from the txt system anyway.

Me too, what beats a good Coca Cola?

Angus Higgins

A good Dr.Pepper or Pepsi Cool

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Manip wrote:

W3bbo wrote:Not forgetting the revenues from the txt system anyway.

...that's McDonald's slogan.

• User profile image
    Jaz

Mountain Dew.

anyhow, i'm assuming this thread was started by an american which would make sense as txt messaging isn't big yet in the states.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Jaz wrote:
    Mountain Dew.

anyhow, i'm assuming this thread was started by an american which would make sense as txt messaging isn't big yet in the states.

MD is banned over here though.

• User profile image
    Adrian​JMartin

From Wikipedia ( so it MUST be true Wink )

A version of the drink was marketed for three years in the UK during the late 1990s. Many believe the urban legend that Mountain Dew is illegal (in its American formulation) to sell in the UK due to its high caffeine content and excessive artificial ingredients. However, the version sold in the UK was a lurid green color and contained far more caffeine, synthetic sugars, and artificial colorings than the American version. It even discolored the teeth and tongue of its drinkers for several hours after consumption.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_dew

read the rest of the entry! - I'm not going to try drinking it again!

• User profile image
    davidofmorr​is

Ladies and gents - please!  Colas are fantastic for cleaning the terminals of your car battery, but they are not fit for human consumption.

http://www.mindconnection.com/library/health/softdrinks.htm

• User profile image
    out180

davidofmorris wrote:

Ladies and gents - please!  Colas are fantastic for cleaning the terminals of your car battery, but they are not fit for human consumption.

http://www.mindconnection.com/library/health/softdrinks.htm

I use Pepsi for this... works great.

In the Navy we used a kool-aid type drink served on the mess decks to clean floor drains and brass fixtures.  It was lovingly called Bug-Juice.  I never drank that stuff.  Smiley  I still drink the soda though.  A cold Mountain Dew while coding is quite nice.

• User profile image
    dentaku

W3bbo wrote:

Jaz wrote: Mountain Dew.

In Canada Mountain Dew has no caffeine in it but recently they came out with a new Dew that they call an "energy drink" which is just American Mountain Dew with a different name so it has caffeine.

I don't really drink pop except for sometimes when I go to KFC/Taco Bell.

• User profile image
    out180

dentaku wrote:

W3bbo wrote: 
    Jaz wrote: Mountain Dew.

In Canada Mountain Dew has no caffeine in it but recently they came out with a new Dew that they call an "energy drink" which is just American Mountain Dew with a different name so it has caffeine.

I don't really drink pop except for sometimes when I go to KFC/Taco Bell.

You need the Pepsi at Taco Bell to kill the e coli.  Tongue Out

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.