Coffeehouse Thread

85 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The Saga of War Crimes Continues: Rape & Murder

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    blindlizard

    He locks threads that get into flame wars, this has not. We are all acting like adults, and if you are offended, then go to a "software thread"

    vistawillship wrote:
    
    blindlizard wrote:Go away unless you have something to add.  We are having a perfectly adult debate on this.  The Coffeehouse is not just for software, at least from what I have read in the rules.
    vistawillship wrote: 

    Do I need to bring out the mod colors?

    Turn this back into a software discussion. Have you tried the latest Visual Studio? Have you checked out Vista Beta? I encourage you to do so.

    They are not my rules. Charles has repeatedly said he does not like discourse that gets into these issues. He routinely locks these types of threads. They are highly offensive.

  • User profile image
    blindlizard

    Ok this is my last post to you in this thread because it is turning into a flame war just since you came in.  And I have to say it is a good thing you don't run Channel 9 because no one would come here.

    vistawillship wrote:
    You are wrong. Yet I will show you the gentle path. He locks threads that deal with religion, war, spam, and Linux. They always turn into flamewars. This thread shows several signs of turning into a flamewar. Please, discuss Windows OneCare.

    I will tell you, though, if I ran Channel 9, this thread would have been locked a long time ago. There is no place for anything but Microsoft software on Channel 9.

  • User profile image
    Shark_M

    vistawillship wrote:
    
    blindlizard wrote: He locks threads that get into flame wars, this has not. We are all acting like adults, and if you are offended, then go to a "software thread"
    vistawillship wrote: 
    blindlizard wrote: Go away unless you have something to add.  We are having a perfectly adult debate on this.  The Coffeehouse is not just for software, at least from what I have read in the rules.
    vistawillship wrote: 

    Do I need to bring out the mod colors?

    Turn this back into a software discussion. Have you tried the latest Visual Studio? Have you checked out Vista Beta? I encourage you to do so.

    They are not my rules. Charles has repeatedly said he does not like discourse that gets into these issues. He routinely locks these types of threads. They are highly offensive.
    You are wrong. Yet I will show you the gentle path. He locks threads that deal with religion, war, spam, and Linux. They always turn into flamewars. This thread shows several signs of turning into a flamewar. Please, discuss Windows OneCare.

    I will tell you, though, if I ran Channel 9, this thread would have been locked a long time ago. There is no place for anything but Microsoft software on Channel 9.


    Why dont you put duck-tape on all of our mouth while your at it?

    Saddam Hussain did that to his people, and the Chinese dictator did too.  In case you have not noticed, we dont live under dictatorships.

  • User profile image
    Shark_M

    Those US Soldiers were planning to Rape the young girl for a week


    It was premeditated.


    US Army now employing pedophiles or what?


    The US need to hold the Army Accountable. Fire Donald Duck ... I mean Donald Rumsfield over these Atrocities .

    I think Adolf Hitler's "Mini-me", has taken over the Oval Office In Washington. His grandfather was a financial officer of Aolf Hitler.

    So from Concentration Camps in Guantanamo and all over Europe, to rape and murder of little Iraqi girls.

    oh and now the so called pro-army whiners are going to defend these pedophiles who premeditate murder and rape of young Iraqi Girls.

    One has to stop and think why these Iraqis are using IDEs and fighting over there, its because the Army of USA is employing criminals and pedophiles.

    what the American Army did there is below the belt, I have lost respect for President Bush and for his barbaric Army to the bone.

    I only pray for the safty of the world from these Na-zi followers who wish to spread hate, intollerance, and murder mixed with rape.


    [The soldiers had studied their victims for about a week and the attack was "totally premeditated," the official said on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing. The family had just moved into the home in the insurgent-riddled area around Mahmoudiya, 20 miles south of Baghdad]

  • User profile image
    dahat

    Shark_M wrote:
    The US need to hold the Army Accountable. Fire Donald Duck ... I mean Donald Rumsfield over these Atrocities .

    I think Adolf Hitler's "Mini-me", has taken over the Oval Office In Washington. His grandfather was a financial officer of Aolf Hitler.

    So from Concentration Camps in Guantanamo and all over Europe, to rape and murder of little Iraqi girls.


    Wow. F-ing wow. You realize that any credibility you might have once had has completely evaporated right?

    No one in their right mind would defend the kind of crimes that have been committed by some involved in the conflict... the problem is that some folks like you assume that because a small group of people choose to be bad it must be a symptom of policies and that those making the end decisions must be causing these very things to happen.

    I’m sorry to say that that is not the case and it is a shame you cannot see that. In any large group of people you will have people who do these kinds of things whether they are in the Army, Marines, working at a church, day care center or a 9-5 coder.

    Unless you want to completely lobotomize our troops (and also remove their effectiveness as a fighting force) people like this will sadly fall through the cracks.

    Don’t get me wrong, what these troops have been accused of is disgraceful and undefendable (if true)... why is it though that you get so hot under the collar every time there is an allegation of our troops acting poorly (which is quite rare considering the numbers over there) and don’t seem to bat an eye when the those we are fighting commit far worse atrocities (as is part of their official doctrine) against not only our troops, but also the civilians.

    Don’t you find this at least a bit hypocritical?

    Or are you so full of hate of America, it's leadership or just a person or two there that only they can do wrong and nothing else can compare?

  • User profile image
    dahat

    Shark_M wrote:
    Right now I dont give a rat's a$$ as to my credibility, young girls were raped and murdered and burned in the most horrific way, and you have the odasity to talk about hypocracy and credibility.

    Man you have moral issues , I suggest you spend some time in psychological rehabilitation center, so they can revive your sense of morality.


    So morality says that one side is more guilty than another? Incorrect.

    You completely missed my point but that’s ok... let me summarize it for you real quick...

    I dunno about you, but I am a big fan of equality. If two people commit the same crime and in the same manor then they should be punished in the same way... why should there be a difference if one person is from this group or that?

    When you take away this equality (or even the possibility of it) you end up with a double standard, rules for those we like and rules for those we don’t like. But who is it who is going to decide which rules apply to who? You? Me? Far easier and safer to have a single measuring stick rather than throwing in all of the niceties you are implying.

  • User profile image
    pacelvi

    Shark:  Why are peace activists like yourself such angry and miserable people? And why is it that you think they seem unable to think rationally?

  • User profile image
    Shark_M

    dahat wrote:
    

    Shark_M wrote: Right now I dont give a rat's a$$ as to my credibility, young girls were raped and murdered and burned in the most horrific way, and you have the odasity to talk about hypocracy and credibility.

    Man you have moral issues , I suggest you spend some time in psychological rehabilitation center, so they can revive your sense of morality.


    So morality says that one side is more guilty than another? Incorrect.

    You completely missed my point but that’s ok... let me summarize it for you real quick...

    I dunno about you, but I am a big fan of equality. If two people commit the same crime and in the same manor then they should be punished in the same way... why should there be a difference if one person is from this group or that?

    When you take away this equality (or even the possibility of it) you end up with a double standard, rules for those we like and rules for those we don’t like. But who is it who is going to decide which rules apply to who? You? Me? Far easier and safer to have a single measuring stick rather than throwing in all of the niceties you are implying.



    You are using gut feelings here, To say that the enemy has done something like this premeditated murder & rape. I have yet to see a report of this. Even if they did that, that is no justification of US Army to be relax or even defend such actions or commence doing such actions. If we do this we are no different than the Enemy we are fighting.

    America today is not the same as America 10 or 20 years ago. Something happened to this country and I want the old America, the one that stood for honor and curage, not the one where top Army people allow Abu-Ghraib and Haditha, and War crimes to happen. Not the one that is relax about the rules that 5 or 10 US army soldiers, who are supposed to be ambassadors for US values and ideas, would premeditatively plan to rape a young girl and burn her body in the most inhumane way along with her family. This is the ultimate act of selfishness, and is a cowardly act.

    If the training of these soldiers was so hard , so demanding, and these soldiers are shown that they will pay dearly for any crimes that will tarnish US image or US values, then we would not see a shower of incidents of atrocities over there.

    Now how would you look at people in the eye and say my country men are honorable ones?

  • User profile image
    Shark_M

    pacelvi wrote:
    Shark:  Why are peace activists like yourself such angry and miserable people? And why is it that you think they seem unable to think rationally?


    I am not miserable, I am sad, because there are such morally degraded individuals in this world, like you who live among us in this day and age.

    I thought by the end of WWII, the ideas of hate and intolerance were demolished. But I come to realize that maybe some have fled the war and infelterated our society, and now took positions of power and are tarnishing US image to the world.

    I dont think US stands for liberty or freedom or respect of human values and dignity anymore. More and more we are looking like a 1984 Orwell's novel, mixed with a toutch from Germany during the 1940s. This makes me sad, but not miserable.

    Why? Because I still beleive there is hope.

    About rationality, you are the lest of us to speak of rationality, because you never knew what it really means.Smiley

  • User profile image
    fdisk

    There are so many first-time offenders here. Hmmm. Who to ban first?

  • User profile image
    Shark_M

    fdisk wrote:
    There are so many first-time offenders here. Hmmm. Who to ban first?


    In my humble openion, you!

  • User profile image
    out180

    fdisk wrote:
    There are so many first-time offenders here. Hmmm. Who to ban first?


    Up until this morning this was actually not too bad of a thread.  We didn't agree with each other but for the most part it was working itself out fine.  It was of course runined like most threads are around here.

    I guess that "tattletale" you were waiting on per your post on another thread was in fact you.

  • User profile image
    blindlizard

    Guys, lets not let the trolls get us off track.  We can make a model thread out of this, just show them where they are wrong once and then ignore them.  Also, lets try to not attack each other personally, it is happening on both sides, so just be aware.  My suggestion is that if you feel the need to use inappropriate language, take a brake and then come back and post.  It will help you not flame others, I use it myself:P

  • User profile image
    blindlizard

    Now, back to the article Shark posted, I can put too much stock in it because it says things like "US military official" and "The official, speaking on condition of anonymity".  If they don't explain who the source is how can be be expected to believe it.  It could have been some low level person that overheard someone who overheard someone who overheard someone.  I am not saying it is not true, I am just saying it might not be.  Again, it doesn't mean that the government wanted them to do it, just that some bad apples did some bad stuff.

  • User profile image
    SCMcDonnell

    ScanIAm wrote:
    
    SCMcDonnell wrote: 
    Shark_M wrote: 
    SCMcDonnell wrote: What else can one imply when you deliberately misquote an article to make it look like soldiers have been charged and convicted of a crime that is only in the investigation phase - just like Haditha?

    Again, I am calling you out on your false statements and you have yet to recognize the ignorance in those statements.

    SM



    They are in the process to being charged. I have no problem , in this day and age where after what we saw what the army is doing and is capable of, of assuming them guilty until proven otherwise.

    Just like Pres. Bush can call those in GTMO killers without giving them assumption of innocence until proven otherwise in a Court of Law.


    Therein lies the reason why liberals never win elections - their emotions assume truth and their conspiracies become truth.

    whoa, Whoa, WHOA, hold up there, trigger. 

    Do not assume that the rabid rantings of a few are an accurate representation of liberal ideas, thoughts, or beliefs. 

    Argue with the person.

    SCMcDonnell wrote: 

    And again, you are wrong and making false statements.  The definitions of being investigated does not contain "process of being charged." 

    Exactly.  Suspision does not mean guilt.
    SCMcDonnell wrote: 
    And since you have "no problem" assuming one is guilty until proven innocent you have shown how your emotions rule you while evidence does not.  You don't happen to be related to Dan Rather do you?

    And you, to Ann Coulter? 

    See, it isn't so nice to question someone's geneology.
    SCMcDonnell wrote: 
    SM

    Shark, regarless of your suspicions, beliefs, whatever, you are wrong to assume guilt until there is a full investigation.  At that point, you can invent all the conspiracy theories that you wish.

    We (Amereicans, and the UK, I think) we assume innocence until guilt is proven.  Sometimes, the bad guys slip through the cracks (OJ, for example), but that is the price we pay to avoid putting innocent people in jail.

    It is also a good reason why Gitmo is an abuse of civil rights.  Regardless of their standing (combatants, soldiers, terrorists, whatever), these people need to be charged with something.  Otherwise, they are simply being abused under false pretenses.


    Honestly, if I were female, I would consider it an honor to be compared to Ann Coulter.  She's brilliant.

    And, honestly, liberals aren't winning elections and I do personally believe it is because of the false pretences under which they run and their kook Kos base.  However, I appreciate your comments.

    SM.

  • User profile image
    SCMcDonnell

    pacelvi wrote:
    
    SCMcDonnell wrote: 
    Shark_M wrote: 
    SCMcDonnell wrote: You have yet to to make changes to your comments.  You make statements with no credibility.  You make sh|t up to benefit your world view and anti-Americanism.  It's shameful.What does any of this have to do with DHS?  Stay on topic rather than trying to avoid taking responsibility for your lies and deceipt.SM
    So to be not Anti-American, I have to cheer and clap and dance for the war crimes committed in the Name of America by the US Armed Forces, and say good job , like Pres. Bush is doing and saying.A young girl was raped and burned alive by those ba$tard$, and you talk about Anti-Americanism.


    Again, you're missing the point.  I am not defining what is "American" but you need to tell the truth about the article and what it says.  Yes, a young girl was raped and the people who did that deserve death.  However, you have made false statements regarding the content of the article to fit what you HOPE the outcome of nothing but an "investigation."  It's not smart and shows lack of credibility in anything you say.

    SM


    Save your breath.. you're arguing with someone who posted a link to the Jamie MacBeth or whatever-his-name-was's fraudulant video claiming he killed hundreds of people in Iraq, and then when told of its unrefutable falseness still claimed that even if it was fake it was true.



    Roger that.  Enough said.  Thanks.

    SM

  • User profile image
    SCMcDonnell

    Shark_M wrote:
    
    dahat wrote: 

    Shark_M wrote: The US need to hold the Army Accountable. Fire Donald Duck ... I mean Donald Rumsfield over these Atrocities .

    I think Adolf Hitler's "Mini-me", has taken over the Oval Office In Washington. His grandfather was a financial officer of Aolf Hitler.

    So from Concentration Camps in Guantanamo and all over Europe, to rape and murder of little Iraqi girls.


    Wow. F-ing wow. You realize that any credibility you might have once had has completely evaporated right?

    No one in their right mind would defend the kind of crimes that have been committed by some involved in the conflict... the problem is that some folks like you assume that because a small group of people choose to be bad it must be a symptom of policies and that those making the end decisions must be causing these very things to happen.

    I’m sorry to say that that is not the case and it is a shame you cannot see that. In any large group of people you will have people who do these kinds of things whether they are in the Army, Marines, working at a church, day care center or a 9-5 coder.

    Unless you want to completely lobotomize our troops (and also remove their effectiveness as a fighting force) people like this will sadly fall through the cracks.

    Don’t get me wrong, what these troops have been accused of is disgraceful and undefendable (if true)... why is it though that you get so hot under the collar every time there is an allegation of our troops acting poorly (which is quite rare considering the numbers over there) and don’t seem to bat an eye when the those we are fighting commit far worse atrocities (as is part of their official doctrine) against not only our troops, but also the civilians.

    Don’t you find this at least a bit hypocritical?

    Or are you so full of hate of America, it's leadership or just a person or two there that only they can do wrong and nothing else can compare?



    Right now I dont give a rat's a$$ as to my credibility, young girls were raped and murdered and burned in the most horrific way, and you have the odasity to talk about hypocracy and credibility.

    Man you have moral issues , I suggest you spend some time in psychological rehabilitation center, so they can revive your sense of morality.


    Secondly, This is a systematic thing in the Army, its not only 1 or 2 incidents, its a shower of incidents. Which suggests something is really and seriously wrong with this Army lead by the new Anti-Christ.

    Thirdly, I dont comment on what the enemy is doing, because we dont hold the enemy to a high standard as we do The US Army. YOUR COMMENT says if they are doing it (though no reports) then why not let the United States Of America's Army do it. Its sad!


    Shark_M:  No matter what anyone says bad about you, your ideals, and what you believe, please keep posting things like this and please keep letting your conspiracies be heard. 

    It will help keep conservatives in office.

    SM.

  • User profile image
    Shark_M

    SCMcDonnell wrote:
    
    Shark_M wrote: 
    dahat wrote: 

    Shark_M wrote: The US need to hold the Army Accountable. Fire Donald Duck ... I mean Donald Rumsfield over these Atrocities .

    I think Adolf Hitler's "Mini-me", has taken over the Oval Office In Washington. His grandfather was a financial officer of Aolf Hitler.

    So from Concentration Camps in Guantanamo and all over Europe, to rape and murder of little Iraqi girls.


    Wow. F-ing wow. You realize that any credibility you might have once had has completely evaporated right?

    No one in their right mind would defend the kind of crimes that have been committed by some involved in the conflict... the problem is that some folks like you assume that because a small group of people choose to be bad it must be a symptom of policies and that those making the end decisions must be causing these very things to happen.

    I’m sorry to say that that is not the case and it is a shame you cannot see that. In any large group of people you will have people who do these kinds of things whether they are in the Army, Marines, working at a church, day care center or a 9-5 coder.

    Unless you want to completely lobotomize our troops (and also remove their effectiveness as a fighting force) people like this will sadly fall through the cracks.

    Don’t get me wrong, what these troops have been accused of is disgraceful and undefendable (if true)... why is it though that you get so hot under the collar every time there is an allegation of our troops acting poorly (which is quite rare considering the numbers over there) and don’t seem to bat an eye when the those we are fighting commit far worse atrocities (as is part of their official doctrine) against not only our troops, but also the civilians.

    Don’t you find this at least a bit hypocritical?

    Or are you so full of hate of America, it's leadership or just a person or two there that only they can do wrong and nothing else can compare?



    Right now I dont give a rat's a$$ as to my credibility, young girls were raped and murdered and burned in the most horrific way, and you have the odasity to talk about hypocracy and credibility.

    Man you have moral issues , I suggest you spend some time in psychological rehabilitation center, so they can revive your sense of morality.


    Secondly, This is a systematic thing in the Army, its not only 1 or 2 incidents, its a shower of incidents. Which suggests something is really and seriously wrong with this Army lead by the new Anti-Christ.

    Thirdly, I dont comment on what the enemy is doing, because we dont hold the enemy to a high standard as we do The US Army. YOUR COMMENT says if they are doing it (though no reports) then why not let the United States Of America's Army do it. Its sad!


    Shark_M:  No matter what anyone says bad about you, your ideals, and what you believe, please keep posting things like this and please keep letting your conspiracies be heard. 

    It will help keep conservatives in office.

    SM.


    O, I will keep posting, but I fail to see how my postings will help keep conservatives in office?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.