Coffeehouse Thread

85 posts

The Saga of War Crimes Continues: Rape & Murder

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    pacelvi

Shark_M wrote:

O, I will keep posting, but I fail to see how my postings will help keep conservatives in office?

Because your (and you're not alone, so I dont mean to single you out) viewpoint is so detached from reality that it offers little for voters to side with.

• User profile image
    Shark_M

dahat wrote:

Shark_M wrote: The US need to hold the Army Accountable. Fire Donald Duck ... I mean Donald Rumsfield over these Atrocities .

I think Adolf Hitler's "Mini-me", has taken over the Oval Office In Washington. His grandfather was a financial officer of Aolf Hitler.

So from Concentration Camps in Guantanamo and all over Europe, to rape and murder of little Iraqi girls.

Wow. F-ing wow. You realize that any credibility you might have once had has completely evaporated right?

No one in their right mind would defend the kind of crimes that have been committed by some involved in the conflict... the problem is that some folks like you assume that because a small group of people choose to be bad it must be a symptom of policies and that those making the end decisions must be causing these very things to happen.

I’m sorry to say that that is not the case and it is a shame you cannot see that. In any large group of people you will have people who do these kinds of things whether they are in the Army, Marines, working at a church, day care center or a 9-5 coder.

Unless you want to completely lobotomize our troops (and also remove their effectiveness as a fighting force) people like this will sadly fall through the cracks.

Don’t get me wrong, what these troops have been accused of is disgraceful and undefendable (if true)... why is it though that you get so hot under the collar every time there is an allegation of our troops acting poorly (which is quite rare considering the numbers over there) and don’t seem to bat an eye when the those we are fighting commit far worse atrocities (as is part of their official doctrine) against not only our troops, but also the civilians.

Don’t you find this at least a bit hypocritical?

Or are you so full of hate of America, it's leadership or just a person or two there that only they can do wrong and nothing else can compare?

Right now I dont give a rat's a$$ as to my credibility, young girls were raped and murdered and burned in the most horrific way, and you have the audacity to talk about hypocracy and credibility.

Man you have moral issues , I suggest you spend some time in psychological rehabilitation center, so they can revive your sense of morality.

Secondly, This is a systematic thing in the Army, its not only 1 or 2 incidents, its a shower of incidents. Which suggests something is really and seriously wrong with this Army lead by the new Anti-Christ.

Thirdly, I dont comment on what the enemy is doing, because we dont hold the enemy to a high standard as we do The US Army. YOUR COMMENT says if they are doing it (though no reports) then why not let the United States Of America's Army do it. Its sad!

• User profile image
    Shark_M
  • User profile image
    BlackTiger

>>What is this doing to US image in the world?

Beleive me, your "image" is already completely ruined long time ago!

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Shark_M

BlackTiger wrote:

>>What is this doing to US image in the world?

Beleive me, your "image" is already completely ruined long time ago!

What do you mean by "your"? mine as an individual or your refering to US image and me as an American??

• User profile image
    messerschmi​tt

Given that the US armed forces have something like, what? 130k + servicemen in Iraq its impossible to avoid having a couple of rotten apples in the basket, im confident that US military justice system will punish them for this as they have done previously with others.

14 convicted so far out of 130000, thats 0,0107 % or one in ~9346 persons on a yearly basis, im imaging that the conviction rate for murder and rape per capita in the continental USA each year are considerably higher than that.

• User profile image
    Shark_M

messerschmitt wrote:
    Given that the US armed forces have something like, what? 130k + servicemen in Iraq its impossible to avoid having a couple of rotten apples in the basket, im confident that US military justice system will punish them for this as they have done previously with others.

14 convicted so far out of 130000, thats 0,0107 % or one in ~9346 persons on a yearly basis, im imaging that the conviction rate for murder and rape per capita in the continental USA each year are considerably higher than that.

Ha!, I beleive this is systematic thing. Because the frequency of it happening. There need to be a system of PREVENTION to deter such soldiers from doing this. Like allowing cameras into each army unit , and each unit would have to hand in their mission video for review. Just like in the Air Force.

• User profile image
    messerschmi​tt

Shark_M wrote:

Ha!, I beleive this is systematic thing. Because the frequency of it happening. There need to be a system of PREVENTION to deter such soldiers from doing this. Like allowing cameras into each army unit , and each unit would have to hand in their mission video for review. Just like in the Air Force.

Uhu?, its doesnt work quite that way for the ground troops, im a reserv officer myself (not in the US) who should hold the camera for once? should that be only one camera or should all in the patrol have one?

Or maybe a "embedded" reporter? lets see, im guessing that the army and marines combined have something like 10-15 brigade teams in Iraq, lets say that each of them sends out about 100 combat patrols per day in various places in Iraq, that would require at least  1000 -1500  cameramen plus support for them every day out in the field documenting everything that the patrol is doing, it simply isnt feasible.

• User profile image
    Shark_M

messerschmitt wrote:

Shark_M wrote:

Uhu?, its doesnt work quite that way for the ground troops, im a reserv officer myself (not in the US) who should hold the camera for once? should that be only one camera or should all in the patrol have one?

Or maybe a "embedded" reporter? lets see, im guessing that the army and marines combined have something like 10-15 brigade teams in Iraq, lets say that each of them sends out about 100 combat patrols per day in various places in Iraq, that would require at least  1000 -1500  cameramen plus support for them every day out in the field documenting everything that the patrol is doing, it simply isnt feasible.

well you can ship helments with cameras in them. That are connected wirelessly to a server farm, and for each day top commanders or special team woul review each mission's video feed to see if they broke any morality rules or they deviated from the Military Code of Honor.

• User profile image
    messerschmi​tt

Shark_M wrote:

well you can ship helments with cameras in them. That are connected wirelessly to a server farm, and for each day top commanders or special team woul review each mission's video feed to see if they broke any morality rules or they deviated from the Military Code of Honor.

Thats silly, just imaging the manpower and resources for watching all these videos, and for what? besides, w-less cameras are not very reliable, contrary to what you may have seen in h-wood movies.

If you have trained and equipped soldiers you will just have to trust that they will do their jobs honourable

• User profile image
    Shark_M

messerschmitt wrote:

Shark_M wrote: 

Thats silly, just imaging the manpower and resources for watching all these videos, and for what? besides, w-less cameras are not very reliable, contrary to what you may have seen in h-wood movies.

If you have trained and equipped soldiers you will just have to trust that they will do their jobs honourable

Apparently they did not, after Abu-Ghraib and Haditha.

Trust is no longer working.

Well you can program patter recognition software that sift through the megabites of live feed, to pin-point possible wrong doing. plus randomal checking of feeds.

• User profile image
    blindlizard

What happens when the enemy hacks the video feed?  I don't see how it is worth it.  I mean there are already embeded reporters and smart weapons.  The military goes to great trouble to ensure the right people are killed and the innocent are not.  However, just like with any system, there are errors from time to time.

• User profile image
    messerschmi​tt

I say that in a whole, this is a bigger problem; http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-07-02-spec-ops_x.htm expanding a already over-streched special forces without  lowering the quality, last time the  US military did that, during the vietnam war, it took the special forces way in to the 80's before they were restored.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.