Coffeehouse Thread

173 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Hi Ho It's Off to WWIII We Go

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Shark_M

    coding4jesus4 wrote:
    
    Yggdrasil wrote:
    

    I think trying argue facts around belief can never work. You bring forth facts from the bible that can only be considered facts if you presuppose the existence of God. Since your basic view of the world assumes the existence of God, these facts make sense. Since my view doesn't include God, these facts are meaningless.

    You can't bring facts from the bible when the very veracity of that document isn't proven. It's assumed by believers and questioned by nonbelievers, and arguing over specific passages is pointless without agreeing over the basic premise.


    The fact is that God wrote it and you are a blasphemer that will end up in hell.


    when was fiction a fact?Perplexed

  • User profile image
    Shark_M

    coding4jesus4 wrote:
    
    Shark_M wrote:
    



    when was fiction a fact?


    God wrote it, therefore it is a fact, therefore you are going straight to hell unless you repent.


    So maybe in hell I would finally meet this Jesus of yours as the Bible has stated that he went down there.

  • User profile image
    Shark_M

    coding4jesus4 wrote:
    
    Shark_M wrote:
    

    So maybe in hell I would finally meet this Jesus of yours as the Bible has stated that he went down there.


    He will forgive you, but leave you down there.


    Is that an oxymoron?

  • User profile image
    billh

    Threat of Assassination if Soldier is Not Freed

    News wrote:
    ISRAEL last night threatened to assassinate Palestinian Prime Minister Ismael Haniyeh if Hamas militants did not release a captured Israeli soldier unharmed.

    The unprecedented warning was delivered to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in a letter as Israel debated a deal offered by Hamas to free Corporal Gilad Shalit.
    Didn't the first World War start with an archduke being bumped off?

  • User profile image
    Steve411

    How do you know that for sure? Apperantly it's really easy for you to believe any text; so here's one.

    I am GOD!

    - Steve

  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

    coding4jesus wrote:
    
    jsampsonPC wrote:
    



    That is not true. Just because american muslims prefer to be nice, doens't mean that their teachings are contrary to their social behavior. Either the radical muslims are understanding their scripture, or the meek muslims are understanding theirs - it can't be both ways.

    You can only derive the relevance of a text by looking at its application. And as far as I know, the commands to kill nonbelievers are STILL IN EFFECT within the Qur'an. This isn't the case with the Bible, as even remotely similar commands were for a time, and place, which is LONG gone.


    They don't believe in God and therefore are expendable.  Anyways, they will all be left behind after the rapture to kill each other.  There is only one Jesus and he isn't a Muslim!


    Jesus plays a very large role in Muslim religion. He is said to even have a second coming within the muslim faith. But they only recognize his as a prophet, and not their savior, after dying for their sins.

    They elevate Mohammed over Jesus, even though Mohammed as a sick man who had a 9 year old wife. But that's for another thread, I suppose.

  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

    coding4jesus wrote:
    
    jsampsonPC wrote:
    



    Jesus plays a very large role in Muslim religion. He is said to even have a second coming within the muslim faith. But they only recognize his as a prophet, and not their savior, after dying for their sins.

    They elevate Mohammed over Jesus, even though Mohammed as a sick man who had a 9 year old wife. But that's for another thread, I suppose.


    This is all moot, since they don't actually have a religion - only a whole bunch of blasphemy (like the buddhists and hinduists, etc.).  That's why it is all wrong.


    ...they have a religion...they pray, fast, follow, serve, bow, read, study, preach, and kill...that is a religion by any definition I can find.

    You can call it a blasphemous religion, but it's still a religion.

  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

    coding4jesus wrote:
    jsampsonPC wrote:



    I wasn't refering to the Qur'an. I was refering to time-specific commands of God to the members of the Egyptian exodus.

    However, the Muslims do have many TRUE text in their writings - seeing that they plagarized most of the Old Testament from the earlier writings, the Bible.


    Wouldn't your time be better spent praying in church than analysing heathens???


    What? I don't have to be in a church to pray, that's the wonderful thing about the Holy Spirit - I have a mediator whever I go. Secondly, perhaps you would tell the same thing to Paul when he went to speak with the heathens who had many gods of worship?

    Besides, what kind of Christian cowards into a pew when his faith is being questioned? I have spent the last four year working in apologetics, and I don't bother me to stand and defend the truth.

  • User profile image
    Steve411

    coding4jesus wrote:
    
    jsampsonPC wrote:
    Guys, just because a text says something DOES NOT MEAN IT IS IN EFFECT! Keep in mind that there is something called CONTEXT! Stop looking at a group of words, and look at an entire WRITING! Come on, we do this when we read historical letters from Washington, Eddison, Einstein, etc. We don't act like everything they say is in effect today - so why do you automatically assume the difference with any religious writings.


    God didn't write historical letters through those heathens.


    So are you saying that the US was not built on top of Christianity as it claims? Nice going.

    - Steve

  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

    coding4jesus wrote:
    
    jsampsonPC wrote:
    Guys, just because a text says something DOES NOT MEAN IT IS IN EFFECT! Keep in mind that there is something called CONTEXT! Stop looking at a group of words, and look at an entire WRITING! Come on, we do this when we read historical letters from Washington, Eddison, Einstein, etc. We don't act like everything they say is in effect today - so why do you automatically assume the difference with any religious writings.


    God didn't write historical letters through those heathens.


    I wasn't refering to the Qur'an. I was refering to time-specific commands of God to the members of the Egyptian exodus.

    However, the Muslims do have many TRUE text in their writings - seeing that they plagarized most of the Old Testament from the earlier writings, the Bible.

  • User profile image
    Shark_M

    coding4jesus wrote:
    
    Shark_M wrote:
    
    Its not in effect because you guys are not adhering to the teachings of the Bible as you used to.

    Howmany times do you go to Church?, Do you ever commit sins?

    The Cursaders before you were adhering to it. When it was not in ther interest of people to fight, they simply never adhrered to the teachings of the Bible.

    Read the text in context, you will reach the same conclusion.

    But all your reply show that your not looking at it objectively, your looking at it subjectively, and I can tell your in denial, because I am sure you never even saw these passages before.

    I asked a local Pastor about them, and he agrees with me on this.


    These people are unrepentant sinners...  They really need to get to church!


    On a second note, Talk to Pat Robertson, and Lumbah, and they will tell you that there is a militant side of Christianity.

    Infact in a CNN interview one of these guys, said to Kill them (meaning the muslims in Iraq), all in the name of Jesus Christ.

    Religious priests in the battle field also site militant passages from the bible to the soldiers before they go to battle.

    So lets not be hypocrites. All meain stream religons have this. To say otherwise is uneducated and at best shows denaial.

  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

    coding4jesus wrote:
    jsampsonPC wrote:



    Dude, you're not this dumb - listen to me. It doesn't matter what Pat Robertson says, It doesn't matter what Osama bin laden says - Read the Text for yourself!


    Pat Robertson is a chosen one that interprets the text for those who don't have time to read it.  You can't expect everyone to read the bible in a week!!  That's why we have him to tell us what it says.


    Sounds like a occultic mantra to me.

  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

    coding4jesus2 wrote:

    Why even talk about the other books if they are just lies anyway.  The only True Word is the bible and the rest are random babbling.


    If this is your way of defending the Bible, then your arguments are absolutely useless. You cannot reach objective-minds with this nonsense.

    You may be right, perhaps all other writings are just 'babblings', but this is NOT the way to defend a position.

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    coding4jesus2 wrote:
    
    ScanIAm wrote:
    



    That's not the point.  They think it says that.  Much of the beliefs that come from all 3 sources (torah, bible, Q'ran) are reached through interpretation.



    Why even talk about the other books if they are just lies anyway.  The only True Word is the bible and the rest are random babbling.


    And I say, all 3 are lies:

    http://whydoesgodhateamputees.com/

  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

    Who knows....maybe you won't see me after the rapture Smiley But then again, that would be your problem, not mine.

    My point is this: God is the author of the famous biblical text, "Come now and let us reason together."

    Your argument, "Your book is dumb, my book is true" lacks reason - it's not the Christian way of defending a topic.

  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

    coding4jesus2 wrote:
    jsampsonPC wrote:
    Who knows....maybe you won't see me after the rapture But then again, that would be your problem, not mine.

    My point is this: God is the author of the famous biblical text, "Come now and let us reason together."

    Your argument, "Your book is dumb, my book is true" lacks reason - it's not the Christian way of defending a topic.


    I know I will be up there and I am pretty sure you will be too.  I am sorry I snapped, people here are very closed-minded about Jesus.


    People typically are not closed-minded; they are only turned-off by ludacris statements which have no objective-basis in the world of reason.

    I hope to see you there, too Smiley

  • User profile image
    pacelvi

    billh wrote:
    Threat of Assassination if Soldier is Not Freed

    News wrote: ISRAEL last night threatened to assassinate Palestinian Prime Minister Ismael Haniyeh if Hamas militants did not release a captured Israeli soldier unharmed.

    The unprecedented warning was delivered to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in a letter as Israel debated a deal offered by Hamas to free Corporal Gilad Shalit.
    Didn't the first World War start with an archduke being bumped off?


    WWI started for entirely complex reasons that the archduke's death was the catalyst to cause them all to come to a head.

  • User profile image
    Jason Cox

    billh wrote:
    Threat of Assassination if Soldier is Not Freed

    News wrote: ISRAEL last night threatened to assassinate Palestinian Prime Minister Ismael Haniyeh if Hamas militants did not release a captured Israeli soldier unharmed.

    The unprecedented warning was delivered to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in a letter as Israel debated a deal offered by Hamas to free Corporal Gilad Shalit.
    Didn't the first World War start with an archduke being bumped off?
    I think it's time for a regeime change in Israel.

    In my opinion, state sponsored terrorism is not the answer to religious extremeists and should not be allowed to continue. Isnt there any way to abolish Israel and setup a nuetral state where Judism and Islam can coexist peacefully without the Arabs blowing up buses and the Israelis blowing up Mosques?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.