Coffeehouse Thread

27 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Is C9 is so Anglo centric that no one congratulates France and Portugal?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    eagle

Bonne chance France

Melhor da sorte Portuga

• User profile image
    Rotem Kirshenbaum

You forgot Italy. And Germany.

Rotem

• User profile image
    eagle

They didn't play yesterday....

l'Italia has a supporter on C9 and die Deutschen sollten bevollmächtigt jetzt fühlen, um bekanntzugeben.

• User profile image
    Sourcecode

eagle wrote:

Bonne chance France

Melhor da sorte Portuga

Thanks Eagle Big Smile we'll see how far it goes.

• User profile image
    footballism

eagle wrote:

Bonne chance France

OMG Zinadine Zidane is back:P

Sheva

• User profile image
    Rossj

I take it you didn't bother reading all of the other football threads (where I suggested that France were good enough to win) in your over-zealous attempts to make out that there is some form of anti-anything european thing going on with the european niners. Go away Eagle, or contribute something other than you usual anti-Brit bile that you bring up time and time again. I'd grown fed up with your racism, but now I realise that it is a pathetic attempt to get a rise out of a large-ish group of people - you are no better than Beer28 - now just piss off.

• User profile image
    eagle

That’s not a sign of congratulations, nor did you take the opportunity on this thread to wish the French, Italians, Portuguese or Germans all the best.

Personal attacks like this are why we don't have many C9'ers from France, Italy, Germany and Portugal posting here.

A large-ish group of people were arrested yesterday in Gelsenkirchen and in other parts of Europe.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Personal attacks like that *are* because we have to put up with you and your racist bull. You know we don't have to congratulate *everyone* every time something good happens to them, personally I am disappointed in the quality of the Portugese football, but I am extremely pleased that France's game improved dramatically. Besides as far as I am aware we have both Italian, German, Dutch and English users posting here - and yet you are the only person who consistently posts racist and bigoted comments. The one thing I dread in life, is the thought that when I get older that I might even be as big an arse as you (but without the racism).

• User profile image
    eagle

*we* Channel9 is a community, you act as if this territory has been conquered.  

Portugal and France should have been congratulated yesterday, I read the threads with your bitterness towards Portugal’s style of play and all the innuendos directed at the officials.   

• User profile image
    Sabot

I sat in a pub on Friday with my German and Argentinian friends, there was no trouble, it hadn't even crossed anyones minds, it was all good natured and fun.

I was in a pub yesterday which had a large Portuguese contingent after the game they celebrated and we wished them the best of luck, we felt upset ofcourse but the cry of "it's only a game" was often heard ... and we all drank together to the wee small hours in the barmey evening heat, the land-lord even left the bar open for another hour.

As for our fans in Germany I suggest you read this ">http://newsbox.msn.co.uk&i=http://newsbox.msn.co.uk/mediaexportlive&ks=0&mc=5&ml=ma&lc=en&ae=windows-1252"> article

"Some 315,000 England fans were present in the venue cities for each of the team's five games, making them the second-largest group of supporters behind the host nation.

"There have been tens and tens of thousands of England fans here, and before the World Cup they said they had changed. There would be no trouble and they were coming to party.

"They proved themselves right, they are the world champions of partying," Gerd Graus, spokesman for the German organising committee, said on Sunday. "They created a great atmosphere, they have a fan culture unique in the world.

Although several hundred English fans were detained by police for mostly drunken and aggressive behaviour, there was no serious hooliganism at the tournament.

"Of course, among so many thousands of people there are bound to be a few arrests, but statistically speaking, the number of arrests are irrelevant. We all know what has happened in the past, but now we congratulate them," said Graus."

• User profile image
    eagle

About a thousand England fans have been arrested so far, this is unprecedented in the history of sports.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

I was delighted to catch the France vs. Brazil game.  France did very well, but overall there was an overload of skill on the field.

• User profile image
    Sabot

eagle wrote:
    About a thousand England fans have been arrested so far, this is unprecedented in the history of sports.

Did you read the article? 315,000 fans! 1000 where arrested, thats what percentage? Go on you do the math, it's not hard.

We ain't saint's but we ain't thugs either.

As for 'unprecedented' do your research and back up your claims.

• User profile image
    BenZilla

Eagle I demand tribute to my kingdom.

I will be requiring 3 gold pieces in unpaid taxes from you.

(If anybody is wondering my family was the monarchy in Ireland for a while, and because Eagle loves living in the past he can live under my past where I am the prince of Ireland)

• User profile image
    Nightengale

SORRY, I DON'T CARE ABOUT SPORTS

• User profile image
    Charles

Good matches yesterday. Watched both. The semis are going to be GREAT.

Best of luck to ALL teams. They all deserve to be there. Me, I'm hopeful Italia will take the cup...

C

• User profile image
    eagle

I too saw both games while multitasking on my PC and listening to a Jazz radio station.

All the games of the World Cup have had too many cheep shots and not enough shots on goal.

This weekend there will be over 150,000 fans watching Baseball in the Bronx, there may be a few cars towed but no fights.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Dutch football "fans" don't fight at matches. They agree to meet near some highway then kill each other with baseball bats (yes, this has happened, one Ajax fan was killed with a baseball bats when Ajax and Feyenoord fans agreed to meet for a fight). Actually, they do that and fight at matches. It's gotten so bad certain high profile matches (such as Ajax-Feyenoord) don't allow any fans of the visiting team to attend the match anymore.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.