Coffeehouse Thread

36 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

You've got 10k lines to write; what is your beverage!?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

I'm sitting here wading through "Pro VB 2005 and the .NET 2.0 Plataform", and enjoying it, too.

As will all programmers, I've got my choice beverage here on my desk, to keep me awake and alert so I can be a l337 hax0r Smiley

What do you drink to help keep you l337 when you've got a monster project (or even a mini-project) due?

• User profile image
    messerschmi​tt

coke of course....hum, the legal one that is. Perplexed

• User profile image
    Shark_M

I dont drink I am an Android

JKing..

ice-Tea or mountain Dew.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Shark_M wrote:

I dont drink I am an Android

JKing..

ice-Tea or mountain Dew.

MtDew works miracles Smiley

• User profile image
    josh_harris

Coke (the legal one), Red Bull, and V (dont know if you guys get that in the states and other places, think of it as Red Bull, but better)

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

Coffee, Cherry Coke, and water.  I'll usually grab a cup of coffee first thing in the morning, along with a breakfast snack.  I usually skip breakfast at home.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

10k lines of code, Mountain Dew, crushed No-Doze, and fruit

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

thumbtacks wrote:
    If I don't have a full pot of coffee by 10 a.m., I'm certain to be asleep by 11!

Just kidding. I'll usually drink tea, or water, or maybe some Barq's Root Beer.

Tea is great... I usually need something a bit stronger for first thing in the morning though.  The break room at work has all kinds of tea, its all good.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Tea!?

Sweet or Unsweet?

I can't imagine how a cold glass of unsweet tea would wake me up in the morning Smiley That's like plugging in to a morphine drip when you get to work if you ask me Smiley

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

Thai Iced Tea is great... but thats another take on tea, but its amazingly delicious.

• User profile image
    ploe

currently mountain dew...but i need to find a drink that is less harmful on the body Tongue Out

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

ploe wrote:
    currently mountain dew...but i need to find a drink that is less harmful on the body

My wife works in dentistry for the navy; she calls it Mountain Don't - and swears to murder me in my sleep if I ever succumb to its taste Smiley

Actually, I lied about the second part..but she really doesn't like it Smiley

• User profile image
    Ang3lFir3

Mt Dew and a couple cases of Bawls....

• User profile image
    CyberGeek

My programming drink of choice is plain old water. I'm not much of a fan of carbonated beverages, but if I need to put in a really long day (usually one that will last more than 24 hours) I may get Bawls to help me keep awake.

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

I alternate between Mountain Dew Code Red (don't drink regular anymore) and water.  If I get bored I'll throw in a Talking Rain from time to time.  Really though, when I get in the zone, I forget to drink anything at all and just crank some tunes.  Cool thread.  Smiley

Edit: Oh, btw...YouRockPlusPlus for VB 2005!  Man, I miss VB.  Wink

• User profile image
    Ang3lFir3

HumanCompiler wrote:
    Edit: Oh, btw...YouRockPlusPlus for VB 2005!  Man, I miss VB. 

VB "its a way of life"... VB4lyf

btw i really only drink code red ne more as well... got hooked when it was first out....can't stop

• User profile image
    BenZilla

Coke(The less than legal substance Wink)

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

mattcampbell wrote:

dag'um...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.