Coffeehouse Thread

25 posts

Deutschland vs Italia

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • LaBomba

So Italy vs. France?

I'd say Portugal's luck has run out.

I'm taking Italy for the win in the championship match.
    They just seem to be too fast and powerful to stop.

• cain

Considering that I was hoping to be able to laugh at France for not scoring a single goal during the tournament again, I'm surprised to find myself now hoping they win the cup.  And considering how badly they played in their first couple of games, I'm surprised to now find myself expecting them to win.

I'd prefer to see France in the final than Portugal, but whoever it is, I just want them to take down Italy, who really do not deserve to be in the final.

• PaoloM

cain wrote:
    ... Italy, who really do not deserve to be in the final.

Why not?

• littleguru

sbc wrote:
    Who do you think will they play in the final then - France or Portugal?

I think that France is going to play in the final. I don't know how to constitute it, it is just a feeling...

• littleguru

PaoloM wrote:

cain wrote: ... Italy, who really do not deserve to be in the final.

Why not?

Yep, why not?

The facts: We got one single goal and that was a self goal. The catenaccio is dead, we play very offensive. We did not loose for 24 matches (in series)! We got to the final, with all those scandals and stuff that is going on currently!

I think we deserve it.

• Tensor

cain wrote:
    Considering that I was hoping to be able to laugh at France for not scoring a single goal during the tournament again, I'm surprised to find myself now hoping they win the cup.  And considering how badly they played in their first couple of games, I'm surprised to now find myself expecting them to win.

I'd prefer to see France in the final than Portugal, but whoever it is, I just want them to take down Italy, who really do not deserve to be in the final.

Errrr, I'm sorry but wtf? I watched the match last night. it was a good match. I follow football and was neutral in this match, and I have to say Italy definatley played better. Both played well, but Italy played better.

I expect France to win tonight. If they can put in the sort of master class that saw them put out Brazil Portugal will be no match. If they can then keep that form up for the final my money would be on France to win - btu it will be hard to do, and either way it should be a cracking match as well!

Oh and congrats to Italy Smiley

• Tensor

Sven Groot wrote:
    I think it was Johan Cruyff who said: "Football is a simple game: 32 teams compete for the world cup, and in the end, Germany wins."

(Not entirely sure it was Cruyff though)

A similar quote was attributed to  Gary Linekar, allthough I am quite prepared to accept that he knicked it from Johan Cruyff.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.