Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

70 days

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

70 days have passed since I gave in my Tecra M4 for repairs to Toshiba, and only now it seems there's light at the end of the tunnel. Good thing it's a 3-year warranty.

Anyone else had similar problems?

• User profile image
    phreaks

Ridiculous.

The worst turn-around I have ever personally experienced was from HP, and that was 6 weeks.

I wasn't sure whether to be irked at HP or at BestBuy, since BestBuy sold me on their 'extended warranty' and pretty much told me that would save me from having to ship out my pc if it needed repairs as all repairs would be done in-house at BestBuy.

They obviously lied to me on that one.

Are you calling them everyday and speaking with managers to convey your disgust?

• User profile image
    out180

Ouch, that sucks.  I bought my M4 around the same time you did, if my memory serves me from that forum.  Mine is still chugging away.  With the exception of a loose hinge, that bugs be a little, it works good.

Of course now that I said that it will probably be a wheel chock by the end of the week. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Harlequin

out180 wrote:
    With the exception of a loose hinge, that bugs be a little, it works good.

That's one reason why I went to a pure slate. The hinges on the convertibles worried me Smiley

• User profile image
    out180

Harlequin wrote:

out180 wrote: With the exception of a loose hinge, that bugs be a little, it works good.

That's one reason why I went to a pure slate. The hinges on the convertibles worried me

Yep, and I was afraid the pure slate would limit my usability.  I now know different and wouldn't be afraid to get a slate next time around.

• User profile image
    cheong

W3bbo wrote:
    70 days have passed since I gave in my Tecra M4 for repairs to Toshiba, and only now it seems there's light at the end of the tunnel. Good thing it's a 3-year warranty.

Anyone else had similar problems?

When I worked as computer sales in computer shop, we once have sent a MxI motherboard for repair and they return to us 2 months later... despite our staffs calling to them each day or two... with the dead USB port still dead...

I found it ridiculous too. They should have sent us a tested one - if not a new one - instead... Because of this, we stopped selling motherboards from that company.

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    rjdohnert

Rory Blyth had a situation where his blew up

• User profile image
    W3bbo

I just phoned up Teleplan (the warranty providers) again, they said they haven't received any news from Toshiba about the overdue part (i..e it still hasn't arrived, despite Toshiba's assurances that the part would arrive yesterday)

• User profile image
    littleguru

My Motorola Smartphone was for over 4 months in repairs (it never came back). After that time I told the reseller that I want a voucher... They gave me one and I bought another phone (my current one).

• User profile image
    W3bbo

In other news, after doing some initial research, I phoned up Toshiba and told them they've got 14 days to make good, otherwise I'm taking them to Small Claims court. I think I've got a case.

• User profile image
    Lee_Dale

yep had a sattelite pro a few years ago which got a cup of coffee over the motherboard. 3 months later we got it back Sad

• User profile image
    XiXora

I've cracked the screen ( LCD Mask ) on my m200 3 times.

1. me leaning on the screen too hard but its a tablet pc...
    2. second time i dropped it ( i think )
    3. due to attempted theft.
    Sucks because each time it was in getting fixed up to 3 months a piece, never use Triage UK in Newport.
    So, 70 days is not that bad being in for fixing. I don't know how long i've owned this machine, I was one of the first batch i think. but having not used it for 7 to 9 months since i've had it bad.

I will not be buying another Toshiba anyway...

[edit]
    Oh yeah, another thing. they took off the black triangles covering screws ( i dont know why ) to get off my lcd mask. i paid MYSELF for replacements albeit they are only 5p. but they didnt come. i phoned up numerous times why they have not come and they said, "it's only for looks, dont worry <click>". I still PAID for these parts if they are cheap/only for looks.
    [/edit]

• User profile image
    Angus

Wow, 70 days is a very long time to wait for repairs. I have never really had to wait longer than about 2 weeks for repairs. Tongue Out

Angus Higgins

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.