Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

A hello & Vista DVD's

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    webmonkey

Well i've been lurking and enjoying the videos here for months, so its aboot time I joined, and here I am!

Just wondering if anyone else besides me is still waiting for their vista DVD ?

I ordered on the first day I could, and the money's gone but I believe its past the 28 days now, I'm soooo excited to get my hands on this Wink

• User profile image
    littleguru

Hi webmonkey, welcome to Channel9... I'm disappointed with Vista Beta 2. It has way to much bugs. It is as with Widbey: the CTPs before and after the Beta 2 were a lot better then the actual beta.

• User profile image
    phreaks

littleguru wrote:
    Hi webmonkey, welcome to Channel9... I'm disappointed with Vista Beta 2. It has way to much bugs. It is as with Widbey: the CTPs before and after the Beta 2 were a lot better then the actual beta.

Sad I am also disappointed with Vista.

If things would work it would be nice, but we have to remember it is a beta, even if the Win2k and Win2k3 beta's were stabler. (more stable or stabler? hmmn, both sound funny).

//my stabler?

• User profile image
    RNewman

Hey there, Webmonkey.
    I'm still waiting for my Vista DVD...almost one month on - I don't quite know why I ordered one. I ordered almost on the release day.
    Although I'm surprised they cut off the downloads before all the DVD's had shipped.
    Back in 2001, I think my Windows XP RC2 CD took "up to 28 days for delivery" - perhaps longer...heh, remember when RC and Beta CD's were free? Smiley.

• User profile image
    Unoriginal​Guy

I too am waiting on my Vista DVD. I hope it arrives soon. Smiley

• User profile image
    Angus

Welcome to Channel 9; have a nice stay. Tongue Out

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    webmonkey

Thanks for the welcome all. Ah well, i shant blame the postman any longer.

• User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

Don't you have broadband Internet?

You can download this beta, then you don't have to spend money on the dvd and you have it in a few hours instead of weeks!!!

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

I like the Betas, I have been in the beta program for awhile and I think its great.

• User profile image
    webmonkey

dotnetjunkie wrote:
    Don't you have broadband Internet?

You can download this beta, then you don't have to spend money on the dvd and you have it in a few hours instead of weeks!!!
    Yeah I know, but i don't have a dvd burner, and until i get round to reinstalling windows I have less than a gig left on all my drives, plus the first few days it was hell. I thought it was just easier to order it, and i've been waiting so long to try vista I was prepared to pay for it.

• User profile image
    The J

Heh, I don't have a DVD burner either. I extracted the ISO to a partition on my Creative Zen, so here's hoping that it'll boot (or I can run the setup from the XP recovery console).

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

You guys without DVD burners can also mount the downloaded ISO as a virtual CD/DVD drive using a program called Daemon Tools as well.

And from one longtime lurker to another, welcome to C9!

• User profile image
    irascian

I think the whole Vista Beta 2 thing was poorly handled (that's becoming a bit of a theme here).

My copy arrived here (in the UK) a couple of days ago - a week after I'd installed the later 5456 version and Microsoft had pulled the Beta 2 from all the download sites.

Waste of money and I should have just downloaded it (was curious to see if beta users who paid got some interesting extra bits as is sometimes the case). The box it comes in is quite pretty is about all I can find to say about it.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.