Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

What Materazzi talked to Zidane?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    leighsword

I would recommand Charles make the poll.
    1.<I need watching my language>
    2.I can use my head play with football, can you?
    3.you must quit this game, and you have no choice because your lovely children on our hands.
    4.<left it for Niners purposely >

• User profile image
    Tensor

And for thos who missed it:

• User profile image
    footballism

Materazzi: "You get bald, and your children, and children's children... will get bald too".
    Zidane: "you farking stupid jerk", and immediately after this he directly moves his head against Materazzi's chest:(

Sheva

• User profile image
    Angus

Tensor wrote:
    And for thos who missed it:

Thanks, I missed it. It was a rather good headbutt, aimed at the wrong place, but I give him full marks for effort. I don't think the football pitch was the right place to do it though.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Tensor

And for the streetfighter fans amonsgt you:

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Tensor wrote:

And for the streetfighter fans amonsgt you:

...image removed

Haha! Mad skillz Smiley

• User profile image
    Rossj

Apparently comments were made about his daughter and mother, not very nice although I've been told recently that it happens all the time with defenders trying to put players off, as well as hurting them whilst appearing to help them up. Not very nice, but as Domenech said, he decided he was coming off, and that is how he chose to do it - to be honest he's been playing a long time, and obviously taking a lot of stick - I don't like what he did, but as has been stated before I can understand it. It is just particularly difficult for us in our house as he is a family hero ...

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I just heard on the news that Materazzi might have called Zidane 'terrorist'. Apparently, Zidane has Algerian roots.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Tommy he has dual Algerian/French passport, he was also brought up in one of the rougher areas of Marseille.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I don't care what roots he has, I like the guy. I like his style and his skills.

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

He acted shamefully, for any human.

In a World Cup match, too, what a complete moron. Sorry.

I was happy to see Italy gain the Cup due to his forfieture and I do think he cost France the match.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

How can you call him a moron? We don't know the whole story, so you shouldn't judge him like that. What he did was wrong, but he's only human, ok?

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

TommyCarlier wrote:
    How can you call him a moron? We don't know the whole story, so you shouldn't judge him like that. What he did was wrong, but he's only human, ok?

Moron = one who single-handedly cost France the World Cup.

I watched the game. He's not the only human to feel insult. It was a premeditated act of aggression and he knew it would get him expelled. Idiot, moron, why quibble over definitions at this point?

• User profile image
    harumscarum

What is the preferred language for trash talk on the field? English, French, Italian?

• User profile image
    PaoloM

harumscarum wrote:
    What is the preferred language for trash talk on the field? English, French, Italian?

Most players know more than one language and probably get "special training" before each match Smiley

• User profile image
    YellowBook

harumscarum wrote:

Apperently, this particular conversation was in Italian. Zidane understands this having spent a while living in Turin when playing for Juventus.

• User profile image
    Rossj

John, I don't think Zidane cost France the match.  Trezuget would still have taken a shot (and missed) regardless of whether Zidane took a penalty and scored.  Penalties are a horrible way of setting the match, but that's what we get ...

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Rossj wrote:
    John, I don't think Zidane cost France the match.  Trezuget would still have taken a shot (and missed) regardless of whether Zidane took a penalty and scored.  Penalties are a horrible way of setting the match, but that's what we get ...

I agree. Trezuguet missed, nothing was certain to guarantee victory.

Two topics of discussion from this incident, first they are all talking about the black mark this will leave on Zidane's career, it's too early to say, the whole story has to come out first.

Second topic, is whether Zidane cost France the world cup by himself, with the headbutt and subsequent red carding.

The way I look at it, yes, he made a mistake, he let his emotions get the best of him....BUT France still had a chance to win. It's not as if he commited the foul and Italy won it directly right then and there as a result.

It was 5 on 5 penalties, you had capable men, the Golden Goal man from Euro 2004, Trezeguet but he hit the woodwork. France loses.

Zidane's reputation a bit tarnished, yes. Blame the entire loss on him, a bit presumptuous.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.