Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Media Player 11?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Harlequin

Didn't Windows Media Player 10 JUST come out? Media Player 11 beta is downloadable. Perplexed

• User profile image
    Angus

I quite like Windows Media Player 11 Beta, I like it a lot better than Windows Media Player 10, mainly because of the way you can browse the current media files on the computer.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    DCMonkey

Harlequin wrote:
    Didn't Windows Media Player 10 JUST come out? Media Player 11 beta is downloadable.

If by JUST, you mean almost 2 years ago.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

I guess 11 is the nice looking black one, which I have at home....hehe

I like versions with years stead of numbers, easier to follow Smiley

• User profile image
    die-Sel

WMP11 is a good deal better than WMP10, very sleek, some things need tweaked but its still beta after all

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

DCMonkey wrote:

Harlequin wrote: Didn't Windows Media Player 10 JUST come out? Media Player 11 beta is downloadable.

If by JUST, you mean almost 2 years ago.
    You are sure behind the times. Two years is an ETERNITY in this industry. I already have the Windows Media Player 12 alpha bits in my hands. It blows everything out of the water.

But, alas, you guys will always be behind. Maybe you'll see it in 2009?

[6]

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Cornelius Ellsonpeter wrote:
    You are sure behind the times. Two years is an ETERNITY in this industry. I already have the Windows Media Player 12 alpha bits in my hands. It blows everything out of the water.

But, alas, you guys will always be behind. Maybe you'll see it in 2009?

Does 12 have a good library? One thing about 10, and now I remember 11, and also iTunes, is that it doesn't have a good time with large libraries. It doesn't organize them well, you can't have a list of albums, and click a (+) to spread the album open. This is one reason why I like MusicMatch 10, it holds my 46,000+ songs(99.99% full albums only) in an easy to use interface.

• User profile image
    winlonghorn​06

I have a question. How in the world did you get Media Player 12? I would love to see it, but it is really hard to believe that you have it. Proof would be nice Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

winlonghorn06 wrote:
    I have a question. How in the world did you get Media Player 12? I would love to see it, but it is really hard to believe that you have it. Proof would be nice

Sarcasm.

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

winlonghorn06 wrote:
    I have a question. How in the world did you get Media Player 12? I would love to see it, but it is really hard to believe that you have it. Proof would be nice
    I was being a bit sarcastic there...I just remember installing 10 a while back and watching it crash at the weirdest times. I don't think they have a 12 yet...but I could be wrong. I haven't looked at 11, though, but I hope I can at some point soon.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Beta download:
    https://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx

I have it on my Tablet. Works good, I just got the versions mixed up Smiley

• User profile image
    RNewman

Do I detect new visualisations in WMP11?

(from here - this visualisation doesn't seem to be in the public betas though)

One thing I miss in WMP11 is the tree-view of the library, on the left side. That was really useful for dragging/dropping tracks and generally organising things. Hopefully they'll put in an option to switch that back on.
    That, and some buttons to whisk me down to albums/artists/songs beginning, for example, with S.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.