5 posts

80% Chance of Vista in January

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

If you haven't seen it already...

Gates: 80 Percent Chance of Vista in January

Yahoo! wrote:
    CAPE TOWN, South Africa - Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates said Tuesday there was an 80 percent chance the company's next-generation operating system, Vista, would be ready in January.

However, Gates said at a presentation in Cape Town to Microsoft software partners that he would delay the launch if beta testing uncovered shortcomings.

"We got to get this absolutely right," Gates said. "If the feedback from the beta tests shows it is not ready for prime time, I'd be glad to delay it."

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

Good idea, only shipping when its ready.  Of course, I wonder how much of it is 3rd party drivers not being there...

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

That line's been rehashed so often it's become something of an in-joke among beta testers. Whenever anyone on the beta newsgroups asks for a release date on anything, the next build, RTM, doesn't matter, there'll always be a whole chorus of replies going "When it's ready!" Smiley

• User profile image
    DCMonkey

I like the Microsoft Watch version of this story:

"Gates: 20 Percent Chance of Another Vista Delay"

• User profile image
    BenZilla

"Nobody will remember the delays if it's a solid product - everyone will remember a shoddy product."

Something along those lines.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.