Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Anyone Subscribing to Visual Studio Magazine?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Robert​JSherman

I'm wondering if anyone else out there subscribes to Visual Studio Magazine--- and more importantly do you have problems getting the subscription?

My Story:
    I subscribed for 1 year in Oct 2005.  I was sent my October issue, then nothing... until Janurary 2006.  In truth, I'd forgot I subscribed until the Janurary issue showed up, at which point I submitted a complaint via the customer service form on the web site.

They rather promptly responded (about 3 days later) and gave the typical apology and claimed they'd extend my subscription 3 months without charge.

My Feb 2006 copy arrived without a problem.   And that was that last time an Issue arrived without me having to email and request they send it... and as of this writing, I still have not received the June issue.

--
    I suppose I only wonder if my subscription is the norm for VSM or the "Special" case.
    --

http://www.ftponline.com/vsm/

• User profile image
    jb43081

To be honest, when compared with other periodicals like MSDN magainzine and CODE Magazine, not to mention all the on-line contect available for free, I see little in VS Magazine that warrents my time.

We have a copy in our restroom here. All the code samples seem to be in VB.NET. Also, the magazine seems to be kind of thin, and has too many ads for me.

• User profile image
    Robert​JSherman

Thanks for the response-

I would certainly agree with your assessment -

Coupled with my delivery problems, I won't be renewing the subscription to be sure-

• User profile image
    Ang3lFir3

No problems getting it. Was getting for free since VSLive! SF.

Agree its thin... too many ads...
    I'm a VB dev (by choice) so no problem there tho it doesn't really matter what language its in.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.