Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

c9 XML acting screwy?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

http://channel9.msdn.com/rss.aspx?userid=46&watched=true

Is returning unexpected values. I'm developing an RSS reader, and decided to use the live feed from c9 to fill it with content.

When I loaded in the address listed above, I got results from September of 2005! So, I went to the actual page via IE and I got the same results.

• 21 Sep 2005 » Don't miss the Channel 9 song
    • 21 Sep 2005 » A thank you to the Niners! (The Channel 9 Song)
    • 21 Sep 2005 » PDC Walkabout (Three clips)

Why isn't this XML document showing the earliest entries first?

--UPDATE--

When I refresh my page, and reload the XML, it will - at times - give me the most recent info...but just as frequently, it gives me the Sept entries.

Jonathan

• User profile image
    Duncanma

Hopefully the problem is now resolved... but it seems to be an intermittent issue around how are caching is being done.

I rewrote the logic that generates some of our cache keys, but when something is happening only every once in awhile it is really hard to say if it is fixed or not!

Let me know (duncanma@Microsoft.com) if you see it happening again, thanks!!

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Problem Solved Persists; Thanks Help, Duncanma!

Duncanma wrote:
    Hopefully the problem is now resolved... but it seems to be an intermittent issue around how are caching is being done.

I rewrote the logic that generates some of our cache keys, but when something is happening only every once in awhile it is really hard to say if it is fixed or not!

Let me know (duncanma@Microsoft.com) if you see it happening again, thanks!!

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

The same effect is back! September results are coming up from time to time when I refresh the XML document.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.