Coffeehouse Thread

30 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Busy with coding

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

I'm so busy lately. Started a new project for the summer time: it is a little program for my dad's company. It is keeping me busy! And I'm going to swim when I have some free time

What are you doing this summer? Working, holiday, swimming pool, ...?

Btw: Are there any competitions this summer?

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

This summer?  New baby arriving any day now.  There will be no time for much else except family.
    Hopefully a few moments of peace and quiet in the sun now and then. Smiley

Herbie

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I hope to graduate my masters in the fall, so yeah I'm keeping quite busy this summer. No vacation time for me. Sad

• User profile image
    out180

Finishing a book, two huge projects at work, and trying to avoid a room with padded walls.  No rest for me this summer.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

I would like to start a semi-large project involving robotics and some simple ai programming - although that may not happen Smiley

Other than that, I'll be working everyday, and keeping the wife happy (which requires more resources than I am able to supply!)

• User profile image
    webmonkey

Having just graduated I should be looking for a job, hmmmm.

I'm finishing off a web app now, and trying to remember VB (well upgrade from vb6 to .net) so I can start making standalone apps, was also planning on learning java.

Other than that I'm trying to think of an app to make, the few ideas I have are useful to me but I'm trying to think of something really exciting.

How much of this I'll manage is anyone's guess.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

webmonkey wrote:
    Having just graduated I should be looking for a job, hmmmm.

I'm finishing off a web app now, and trying to remember VB (well upgrade from vb6 to .net) so I can start making standalone apps, was also planning on learning java.

Other than that I'm trying to think of an app to make, the few ideas I have are useful to me but I'm trying to think of something really exciting.

I would love to develop an really exciting/useful application...I just cannot think up any Smiley And when I log onto the net, and see some new exciting/useful application that somebody made recently, I think to myself "Why didn't I think of that first?"

This whole programmer-lifestyle is depressing Smiley

• User profile image
    webmonkey

jsampsonPC wrote:

webmonkey wrote: Having just graduated I should be looking for a job, hmmmm.

I would love to develop an really exciting/useful application...I just cannot think up any And when I log onto the net, and see some new exciting/useful application that somebody made recently, I think to myself "Why didn't I think of that first?"

This whole programmer-lifestyle is depressing

Ain't that the truth!

One day I'll come up with something cool......I hope Wink

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

out180 wrote:
    Finishing a book, two huge projects at work, and trying to avoid a room with padded walls.  No rest for me this summer.
    Not a forum bashing book I hope! lol

I would like to go back to school this fall, at an area university, but I don't think I'll be able to afford it right now. I guess I work on some projects on the side instead, and see if I can get my employer to pay for a couple of courses.

Wink

• User profile image
    Casey​Blackburn

I am just doing some stuff in my school's marching band, a lot of coding, and an occasional swim in my pool.

• User profile image
    Angus

Well this holiday will be spent mainly on the computer, maybe doing some coding, almost certainly posting on/reading Channel 9. I am going on holiday, and doing a sailing course, I did one last summer and it was excellent so I decided to go back again. I think I will mainly be relaxing though as school has been tougher since we started working towards our GCSE examinations.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

I'm getting very familiar with the Smart Client Software Factory.

It's the future & present of Winforms, imho.  Big Smile

Kids are at camp(s), I'm using my Weber grill a lot, and I will play a round of golf when I can find time.

• User profile image
    Zeus

Hmmm ... working like a maniac these days. Full time job just easing down right now so I can focus more on the freelance stuff.

Then jetting off to Spain for a week in the sun, then off to Iceland for two weeks in the rain. Then back to Stockholm to the real world.

My problem I have too many things I would like to to for myself, but I don't have the time ... damn those paying customers Perplexed

• User profile image
    out180

Cornelius Ellsonpeter wrote:

out180 wrote: Finishing a book, two huge projects at work, and trying to avoid a room with padded walls.  No rest for me this summer.
    Not a forum bashing book I hope! lol

I would like to go back to school this fall, at an area university, but I don't think I'll be able to afford it right now. I guess I work on some projects on the side instead, and see if I can get my employer to pay for a couple of courses.

ROFL - No, an actual book with a real publisher.  Professional VMware from WROX.  It's on how to leverage VMware Server in your development environment.  Pushing builds to test machines with CruiseControl.Net and VSTS.  Work'n the APIs, etc.  Fun stuff. Smiley

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

littleguru wrote:

What are you doing this summer?

Coding the new Channel 9!  w00t!!1  No breaks for me yet!  Expressionless

• User profile image
    martin_lovi​ck

is it sumer already???

ill be coding until september..then its off to thailand for a month backpacking

• User profile image
    cheong

Working, working, working, working....... no more public holiday here until Autumn.

And I'm moving flat this week I think. Smiley

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Ang3lFir3

out180 wrote:

ROFL - No, an actual book with a real publisher.  Professional VMware from WROX.  It's on how to leverage VMware Server in your development environment.  Pushing builds to test machines with CruiseControl.Net and VSTS.  Work'n the APIs, etc.  Fun stuff.

sounds like an interesting book.... I've been wanting to find more info on working with CruiseControl for managing CI but haven't had a lot of time too look... got any good links?

ohh and what's a vacation? [A]

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.