Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Any Niners in Orlando?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jeffsand

I'm going to be in Orlando Florida all this coming week.  Along with a bunch of my fellow Microsoftees we'll be attending and speaking at our big global sales conference internally called MGX.

If any Niners want to meetup some night/afternoon leave a note here and we'll arrange something.

Thanks
    -Jeff

• User profile image
    SCMcDonnell

I'm in Orlando.  What's the conference you're attending?

SM

• User profile image
    jeffsand

SCMcDonnell wrote:
    I'm in Orlando.  What's the conference you're attending?

SM

It is called MGX (Microsoft Global Experience).  It is an internal event for our worldwide sales folks, consultants cand evangelists.

I get in Monday afternoon and will be there until Friday afternoon.

• User profile image
    Shagate

I'm right around the corner in Daytona Beach (~40 min).

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Zeo wrote:
    Hey Jeff. As a new Microsoftie and long time niner I'd love to meet up.

God even as an employee you don't quit humping leg do you?

• User profile image
    out180

Cybermagellan wrote:

Zeo wrote: Hey Jeff. As a new Microsoftie and long time niner I'd love to meet up.

Thank God I'm not the only one that thought that.

• User profile image
    Daniel Moth

Shagate wrote:
    I'm right around the corner in Daytona Beach (~40 min).

I am here in Orlando for MGX too[1] and yesterday took a trip to Daytona Beach... well, the bit of road next to the dog and race tracks. Two comments:
    a) We went into this shop/restaurant and realised after sitting down that it did not serve any alcohol whatsoever! Wot's up with that?
    b) We swiftly made an exit and went a bit further up accross the road to an italian place (UNO I think) and had a nice pint but the steak they brought out was burnt <strike>cooked</strike> to death. Is that the rule or the exception?

Not impressed with my brief Daytona visit... is the beach worth it for a return trip?

[1] http://www.danielmoth.com/Blog/2006/07/see-you-at-mgx-and-techready.html

• User profile image
    irascian

Cybermagellan wrote:

Zeo wrote: Hey Jeff. As a new Microsoftie and long time niner I'd love to meet up.

Jeez, give the guy a break. Zeo may be a bit of a fan boy but he's never trolled or insulted here. And he's been generous with his competitions and to fellow niners.

He's just taken someone up on open invite - so why insult him for it?

From someone who seems to be continually begging for a job at Microsoft on these boards, your snide remark seems more than a trifle hypocritical to this reader.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Cybermagellan wrote:
    Zeo wrote:Hey Jeff. As a new Microsoftie and long time niner I'd love to meet up.

• User profile image
    figuerres

Daniel Moth wrote:

Shagate wrote: I'm right around the corner in Daytona Beach (~40 min).

I am here in Orlando for MGX too[1] and yesterday took a trip to Daytona Beach... well, the bit of road next to the dog and race tracks. Two comments:
    a) We went into this shop/restaurant and realised after sitting down that it did not serve any alcohol whatsoever! Wot's up with that?
    b) We swiftly made an exit and went a bit further up accross the road to an italian place (UNO I think) and had a nice pint but the steak they brought out was burnt <strike>cooked</strike> to death. Is that the rule or the exception?

Not impressed with my brief Daytona visit... is the beach worth it for a return trip?

[1] http://www.danielmoth.com/Blog/2006/07/see-you-at-mgx-and-techready.html

Hi, I'm from California, moved to the tampa area about 5 going on 6 years back.

Might have been Cuban perhaps??

Cuban's like to make sandwiches with bread that's been toasted and mashed -- kinda dry Smiley

also some folks in FL think it's part of the bible belt -- no booz etc... but most eating places have drinks.

• User profile image
    Shagate

Daniel Moth wrote:

a) That's a surprise. Alcohol seems to be one of the major pastimes around here. Drunk driving seems to be the other.

b) Well, you ordered steak at a place called, "Pizzeria UNO". Nuff said. Smiley

Daytona's a lot of fun when there's an event going on (Bike Week, Spring Break, etc). Otherwise, it's just a beach town with a slow pace of life. There's not a lot of technology companies here, and most of the industries are still blue-collar.

I moved here from Ft. Lauderdale, and I definitely prefer the nightlife in Orlando. I'm hoping to relocate one of these days.

The beach is actually pretty nice here. It's much better than Ft. Lauderdale's, but that's probably because it's one of the main draws for the town. You can even drive your car on the beach (one of the only places in the country you're allowed.)

Next time you're in town, try these venues:

Carribean Jack's Restaurant (Bistro)
    Located on Beach St, off the intercoastal.
    Nice place to eat/relax.

Chi-Lings Restaurant (Sushi/Japanese)
    Located on Ridgewood and Dunlawton
    Great food.

Martini's on the Bay Restaurant (Upscale, varies daily)
    Located on Beach Street.
    Chef changes the menu constantly, upscale atmosphere, awesome food.

Chart House Restaurant (Steak)

Ocean Walk Complex (Entertainment)
    Off of A1A
    Complex contains several restaurants, bars, a movie theater, and other shops. There is also a water park with video games, go-carts, mini-golf, and laser tag across the street.

SeaBreaze & A1A (Entertainment)
    This is where a majority of the nightclubs are located.

Next time you come over, let me know and I'll show you some of the hot spots.

• User profile image
    BenZillaThe​Second

Cybermagellan wrote:

Zeo wrote:Hey Jeff. As a new Microsoftie and long time niner I'd love to meet up.

Sour grapes from someone who was practically begging for a job at Microsoft a while back.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.