Coffeehouse Thread

22 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

WWIII

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    billh

Let's face it. It's World War III. Even Newt Gingrich is calling it that now (not that I care, but still it is an important shift in opinion). Consider:

1) Attacks on trains in India. India is blaming elements in Pakistan for what happened.
    2) Syria and Iran vow to back up Hezbollah. Hezbollah is getting pounded by Israel and pounding back.
    3) Rockets just killed 8 in Haifa, and injured many more. Things are continually escalating.
    4) North Korea. Missile tests aim at the U.S. Enough said. They are very well armed, by the way.
    5) The U.S. is sitting in Iraq. I can't imagine it will be long before we are pulled into the crisis in Israel/Lebanon/Syria/Iran.
    6) The Iranian president widened the streets in Tehran years ago to prepare for the coming of the 12th iman. He wants to bring about the "End Times".
    7) The rhetoric coming out of Iran is amazing, and completely the reverse of reality. I would imagine as things escalate, so will his rhetoric, and he'll attempt to turn world opinion against Israel. If things go nuclear or chemical or biological, he'll continue to blame them.
    8) Remember the riots in France a ways back? They happened in parts of Denmark and in New Zealand to some extent also. I doubt that was an accident...I'm sure we'll see a LOT more of this as things escalate.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

I'm so tired of all this political stuff, talk about it on another forum, not on Channel 9.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

billh wrote:
    1) Attacks on trains in India. India is blaming elements in Pakistan for what happened.

They're blaming militant groups based in Pakistan.

billh wrote:
    2) Syria and Iran vow to back up Hezbollah. Hezbollah is getting pounded by Israel and pounding back.

Isreal will withdraw eventually

billh wrote:
    3) Rockets just killed 8 in Haifa, and injured many more. Things are continually escalating.

That happens on a nearly weekly basis in Israel, nothing out-of-the-ordinary

billh wrote:
    4) North Korea. Missile tests aim at the U.S. Enough said. They are very well armed, by the way.

North Korea isn't affiliated with any of the Persian states, they only have a handful of rudimentary nukes that could be shot down using the airborne laser platform

billh wrote:
    5) The U.S. is sitting in Iraq. I can't imagine it will be long before we are pulled into the crisis in Israel/Lebanon/Syria/Iran.

The US can't be seen directly aiding Israel, what with their alliances with Saudi Arabia

billh wrote:
    6) The Iranian president widened the streets in Tehran years ago to prepare for the coming of the 12th iman. He wants to bring about the "End Times".

The current Iranian president hasn't been in power for "years" and that 12th Imam thing is just a superstitous belief system.

billh wrote:
    7) The rhetoric coming out of Iran is amazing, and completely the reverse of reality. I would imagine as things escalate, so will his rhetoric, and he'll attempt to turn world opinion against Israel. If things go nuclear or chemical or biological, he'll continue to blame them.

I read earlier in the newspapers that the vast majority of Iran's population don't necessarily agree with the President's views, nor do they want a war with anyone

billh wrote:
    8) Remember the riots in France a ways back? They happened in parts of Denmark and in New Zealand to some extent also. I doubt that was an accident...I'm sure we'll see a LOT more of this as things escalate.

Those riots had zilch to do with war, it was either about racial tensions with Africans or Youth Employment.

• User profile image
    Gaijin

Assuming it's WWIII, so what? We will all die painless fast deaths anyway...

• User profile image
    libertas83

W3bbo wrote:

North Korea isn't affiliated with any of the Persian states, they only have a handful of rudimentary nukes that could be shot down using the airborne laser platform

It is widely believed that weapon technology has been shared between North Korea, Pakistan, and Iran. Anyway, I believe that Iran and North Korea would ally themselves to fight us in a war.

W3bbo wrote:

The current Iranian president hasn't been in power for "years" and that 12th Imam thing is just a superstitous belief system.

So you consider Jesus Second Coming to be a silly supersititous believe too. The 12th Imam is the equalivant to Shite Muslims and they also believe Jesus will be at his right side. The President of Iran believes his destiny is to help bring about the coming of the 12 Imam which means he don't care about consequences of war, he wants war.

W3bbo wrote:

I read earlier in the newspapers that the vast majority of Iran's population don't necessarily agree with the President's views, nor do they want a war with anyone

I read earlier in the newspapers that vast majority of Americans want to pull out of Iraq and believe the war is unjusitified. Yet, we are still in Iraq and the President doesn't care about poll numbers. He thinks what he is doing is right.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

libertas83 wrote:
    It is widely believed that weapon technology has been shared between North Korea, Pakistan, and Iran. Anyway, I believe that Iran and North Korea would ally themselves to fight us in a war.

Yeah, that is cause for concern

libertas83 wrote:

W3bbo wrote:

So you consider Jesus Second Coming to be a silly supersititous believe too. The 12th Imam is the equalivant to Shite Muslims and they also believe Jesus will be at his right side. The President of Iran believes his destiny is to help bring about the coming of the 12 Imam which means he don't care about consequences of war, he wants war.

That's not the same thing.

It is reported that the Iranian president believes he can bring about Judgement day. It's not the belief in the 12th Imam, but that a man can bring about his coming.

libertas83 wrote:

W3bbo wrote:

I read earlier in the newspapers that vast majority of Americans want to pull out of Iraq and believe the war is unjusitified. Yet, we are still in Iraq and the President doesn't care about poll numbers. He thinks what he is doing is right.

But he will pay attention to the results of the Mid-Terms in November

• User profile image
    libertas83

W3bbo wrote:

That's not the same thing.

It is reported that the Iranian president believes he can bring about Judgement day. It's not the belief in the 12th Imam, but that a man can bring about his coming.

Yeah but the fact that President of Iran thinks he can do it scares me because he will do whatever he can.

W3bbo wrote:

But he will pay attention to the results of the Mid-Terms in November

lol, who knows what will happen in Nov.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

[Halo Grunt voice]We're all gonna DIE!!![/voice]

• User profile image
    borosen

DoomBringer wrote:
    [Halo Grunt voice]We're all gonna DIE!!![/voice]

hehe, that seems to fit your alias just fine...

I bet you have been waiting for this opportunity Wink

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Lets all prepare for war, war just gets me so excited.  Death Destruction WAR.  Its so grand.  Its a shame we are not always at war.

• User profile image
    Steve411

rjdohnert wrote:
    Lets all prepare for war, war just gets me so excited.  Death Destruction WAR.  Its so grand.  Its a shame we are not always at war.

War is exciting; ive been there and done that.

0- steve

• User profile image
    Harlequin

I was all for Israel taking out Hezbollah. But now Israel is just bombing everything, including 8 of my fellow Canadians they just killed. . . who were there on humanitarian duties. Sad

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

War sucks big time. RJ, I can't believe what you just said. You think you're tough, talking like that? Are you one of those idiots that likes killing, peeing on Ethiopian children and taking pictures of naked, tortured Iraqis?

• User profile image
    Shark_M

This is what happens when religous fanatics on both sides take control over Military. Bush went to Putin to ask him to join his crusade. Putin refused.

What is happening in the Middle east does not surprise me. With Bush in power, I saw it comming.

Israel will not withdraw. They are using Hizbulah as an execuse to destroy lebanon's infrastructure and prepare to occupy it.

But WWIII is happening. ITs all Bush's plan to get Iran pissed and involved in a war.

In the mean while innocent Canadians are being murdered by IDF and many innocent civilians from other countries.

USS Enterprise air craft carrier was ordered to go to the Lebanese shore to evacuate american citizens. This is a sign that a war is imminent with US involvement.

Lets face it , what israel is doing is not going to get the soldiers released, nor will it destroy Hizbollah. Its just going to destroy lebanon and its people.

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

Shark_M wrote:
    This is what happens when religous fanatics on both sides take control over Military. Bush went to Putin to ask him to join his crusade. Putin refused.

Listen, Shark_M, you really need to get this little fixation of yours out of your head. You've been saying that for our last several discussions, and you never respond to my claims otherwise.

The Israeli actions are not caused by religious fanatics - the government, as well as military leaders, are all secular people.

This has a lot to do with nationalistic pride. It has a lot to do with shows of power, with appeasing a blood-thirsty public and with the military trying to maintain its strong grip on the country's policy.

This war isn't religious. At all.

• User profile image
    AdityaG

Ok... I just lost count of how many threads this SAME topic has had in the last month or so. I know it's a current event and all, but they have been bombing each other for years now.

It doesn't really matter if it's about religion or not. The people who strap themselves to bombs and run into buildings ARE EXTREMISTS. Who in their right mind would do that? These are usually kids who are persuaded into thinking they are religious matyrs or total idiots who already think "their people" are the best out there and the other group is total evil (again, extremists).

About the train accidents, you obviously don't know anything about India. They have accidents like those all the time. Except they don't sit and dwell on it. They just salvage what they can and move on. Because they have realized that people who bomb these trains are NOT IN THEIR RIGHT MIND. There is not much you can change about those people.

As for the other random incidents, people will always be at conflict. Korea now has nuclear power. Big whoop. So did the USSR back when. Tensions will of course rise, but even they don't want to die.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

AdityaG wrote:
    About the train accidents, you obviously don't know anything about India. They have accidents like those all the time. Except they don't sit and dwell on it. They just salvage what they can and move on. Because they have realized that people who bomb these trains are NOT IN THEIR RIGHT MIND. There is not much you can change about those people.

I agree, there's been a lot more self-restraint from India than certain other countries. Hypothetically, if Bush and his Republican cabinet was in charge of India, reckon they would have declared war on Pakistan by now?

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

ZippyV wrote:
    I'm so tired of all this political stuff, talk about it on another forum, not on Channel 9.

ZippyV meet the back-button. Back-button, this is ZippyV.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.