Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Annoying presenters

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    UlsterFry

Check out the flash presentation, where did they get this woman! she lingers on every last word.. workspacases, wooork, productiviteey  so annoying... ..it's equivalent to audible over-acting.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/programs/groove/demo.mspx

Anybody know of any other shameful presentations?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

UlsterFry wrote:

The "wrong" Guy Kewney?

• User profile image
    limalicas

UlsterFry wrote:
    Check out the flash presentation, where did they get this woman! she lingers on every last word.. workspacases, wooork, productiviteey  so annoying... ..it's equivalent to audible over-acting.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/programs/groove/demo.mspx

THANK YOU! Finally, someone else who thinks the same way I do about that woman's utterly ridiculous delivery. What an annoying, condescending, irritating, needlessly-over-emphasising PAINFUL style of speech. I can't believe anyone thought this was OK?

Just the thought of her, sitting in a recording booth, spouting into the microphone for hours on end... oh, it fills me with dread.

I can't watch the other demos because the moment her voice starts, it's just too much for me to bear.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

UlsterFry wrote:

During an Internal webcast Jon Miller said "head and longtail" like he was in an argument over what to drink. I swear every sentance had to have those words in it. After the 30th time I just shut the browser window it was so annoying.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

They need to hand over marketing over to Scoble Smiley

OfficeGroove2007
    Experience teh Laphter!

• User profile image
    UlsterFry

jsampsonPC wrote:
    They need to hand over marketing over to Scoble

OfficeGroove2007
    Experience teh Laphter!

I can see it now..

..."And who are you"

"Hi Mr Scoble, I'm the new Office©2007tm PaperClip Buddytm, ..it looks like you're creating a presentation, would you like me to help you.. yadda yadda

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

We should make a paperclip application, but use Scoble as the annoying little laughter elf down in the bottom of your screen. Smiley Or, how about a c9 guy desktop buddy. He just sits down in the corner of your screen and acts as an RSS feeder! Whenever a new video goes up, or a new thread is created, he flashes the name up on the screen in a little textbox thing.

I'm going to start a thread on that Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.