Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Arctic Monkeys, Anybody?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Has anybody ever heard of the group, Arctic Monkeys. Their song "I Bet you look good on the dance floor" was on Jay Leno not too long ago, and I've gotta say - It's original, and fun Smiley

I'm listening to a play list right now that includes the following...see if you can explain this Smiley

1. Dirty Vegas
    2. Randy Travis
    3. James Blunt
    4. Arctic Monkeys (Download "I bet you look good on the dance floor", and tell me what you think Smiley
    5. Some random songs I didn't know existed until I started playing "Guitar Hero". "Caveman Rejoice", by The Bags is pretty hardcore Smiley

• User profile image
    LaBomba

I wonder if i can find this on pandora...

lets' give it a try..

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

LaBomba wrote:
    I wonder if i can find this on pandora...

lets' give it a try..

I'm not suggesting any illegal downloading, just for the record Smiley

• User profile image
    LaBomba

jsampsonPC wrote:

LaBomba wrote: I wonder if i can find this on pandora...

lets' give it a try..

I'm not suggesting any illegal downloading, just for the record

nothing illegal, see for yourself:
    http://www.pandora.com Smiley

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

LaBomba wrote:
    nothing illegal, see for yourself:
    http://www.pandora.com

Neat site Smiley Although, 2600 ran an issue this quarter on hacking warner bros flash music previewers Smiley I wouldn't suggest doing that Smiley

They basically pulled the .swf out of their cache, ran it into an swf-decompiler, stripped out the Actions, found a couple directories, filled in the requested variables...and whammo, had warner bro's mp3's from artists like Madonna, etc.

Naughty blackhats.

• User profile image
    LaBomba

jsampsonPC wrote:

LaBomba wrote: nothing illegal, see for yourself:

Neat site Although, 2600 ran an issue this quarter on hacking warner bros flash music previewers I wouldn't suggest doing that

They basically pulled the .swf out of their cache, ran it into an swf-decompiler, stripped out the Actions, found a couple directories, filled in the requested variables...and whammo, had warner bro's mp3's from artists like Madonna, etc.

Naughty blackhats.

most interesting..

• User profile image
    Rowan

jsampsonPC wrote:

LaBomba wrote:nothing illegal, see for yourself:

Neat site Although, 2600 ran an issue this quarter on hacking warner bros flash music previewers I wouldn't suggest doing that

Naughty blackhats.

It's easier with Pandora, lol. Big Smile

Not that you need to 'rip' anything though. Wink

Edit: Yeah it's on Pandora.

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

Arctic Monkeys are fun. Started listening to them a week or two ago. They're a more fun-oriented, less hard-edged version of Franz Ferdinand or The Libertines (both excellent bands).
    Of these three, I think Franz Ferdinand are my favorite, but the other two aren't far behind.

• User profile image
    Sabot

The Arctic Monkey's became popular initally using MySpace but went global after being picked up by the man Zane Lowe who is the God of all new music!

• User profile image
    Tensor

Arctic Monkeys are fantastic!

Not only are they good, but they are honest, if you see what I mean. They are From Sheffield which is my home town and sing with a Sheffield accent, about life. It is very refreshing to hear as most bands in this country end up sounding mid-atlantic. A lot of the songs are full of little Sheffield references too which is nice Smiley

• User profile image
    Tensor

Sabot wrote:
    The Arctic Monkey's became popular initally using MySpace but went global after being picked up by the man Zane Lowe who is the God of all new music!

Yeah. they are a bit of a breakthrough in that respectt - they solda huge amount fo albums straight away seemingly from nowhere - all due to there online presence. A band for the Internet age.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.