Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

WTFBBQ?!!!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

I had XP on my system for 5 minutes before doing the Vista download...after the Vista install the following got installed.

1) Visual Studio Standard
    2) AIM Triton
    3) WLM
    4) WLMD

and that was it...then I go to the toolbar settings...

media

Is this how Windows Media Player Identifies itself anymore? I had Daemon Tools on here, sans toolbar to mount the image...what is going on?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Although it wasn't mentioned in the announcement for this build (or I missed it), it was mentioned in the one for 5456. These are "pseudo-localised" messages. They're there to test the localisation system. They'll be gone in later builds.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Sven Groot wrote:
    Although it wasn't mentioned in the announcement for this build (or I missed it), it was mentioned in the one for 5456. These are "pseudo-localised" messages. They're there to test the localisation system. They'll be gone in later builds.

So that would be the AOL User region then? Big Smile

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

blowdart wrote:

Sven Groot wrote:Although it wasn't mentioned in the announcement for this build (or I missed it), it was mentioned in the one for 5456. These are "pseudo-localised" messages. They're there to test the localisation system. They'll be gone in later builds.

So that would be the AOL User region then?

OK, I admit that is my fault for not reading the release notes. And blowdart, it's aoLUSER region...get it right ::rollseyes::

• User profile image
    Angus

That is a rather interesting name, rather like the screen names you see on my contact list, people from school mainly. Tongue Out (Is it just me who hates these names?)

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    KevinB

AFAIK, any time things like that appear in the newer builds, it is not psedu, it is a proper UI bug and should be reported.

Kevin

• User profile image
    keeron

Even in the previous builds (when they originally asked us testers to verify these), these were really "bugs" and had to be reported.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.